Operation Vegas 2021? - October Update
Last Update: Nov 1, 2019
Can you believe it's November 1st? Time to start planning those Black Friday emails and promotions! :)
I am feeling much more hopeful about things than I have the past few months. Things are starting to look up again, and I'm excited about that.
Here are some things I accomplished this month:
- I got over 100 YouTube subscribers (https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/cld111/blog/new-mini-milesto...)
- I got my first real hate comment on one of my MLM blog posts. I feel that should be celebrated! haha
- Since I've been doing MLM reviews, I've also been aligning myself with the anti-mlm movement, and I'm making some good connections there.
- I wrote 15 posts, which was my goal for the month.
- I am working with a WA member who offered to make my site a case study and he's been helping me improve it. This has been awesome!
- Created a new pop-up to get people to WA
- Created a weekly email newsletter
- Switched theme to GeneratePress (Jay was right again. It's amazing!)
- Removing Thrive coding from all of my regular blog posts. I will still use it for landing pages.
- Signed up with Grammarly (Where has this been all my life?!)
- Added a cookie consent
Things Are Going to Slow Down
I feel really accomplished this month, and my numbers are showing much improvement as you'll see in a minute.
One thing to note is that I decided to take a part-time position at our local elementary school. Unfortunately, this is going to slow down my progress even more. But, it's OK. I'm going to do what I can when I can.
I realized that it doesn't matter how long it takes me to get to where I want to be because I'm not going to stop until I get there.
And luckily, my site is profitable now so I'm not worried about having to pay for the membership fee. I'm going to reduce my spending next year (with my business AND my personal life) and just focus on increasing my profits.
Traffic and Stats
Here's what September's stats looked like. This was a big improvement from August!
Now here's October's stats:
Click and impressions are way up. CTR is looking great and average position is going down. Woo hoo!
I have 8 really great keywords ranking in positions 1-2 that's helping boost this. Now, to just get some more in there... It's not a good idea to rely on just 1 or 2 posts!
Past 6 months:
You can see where things took a dive during the summer, and now we're moving back on up!
Traffic in September:
Traffic in October:
Everything is improving!
Daily / Weekly/ Monthly Traffic:
- January = 10, 0 Premium = $0
- February = 11, 0 Premium = $0
- March = 25, 0 Premium = $0
- April = 30, 2 Premiums = $39.50*
- May = 25, 3 Premiums = $47.50
- June = 37, 2 Premiums = $63.00
- July = 35, 3 Premiums = $118.00
- August = 24, 4 Premiums = $149.50
- September = 12, 2 Premiums = $157
(*For April, I had an old payment waiting for the $25 threshold.)
Here's October's stats:
I cashed out some credits for $23.50, which is a part of this amount. My referrals are back up to pre-summer amounts, and 20 credits is pretty good! To me that means that the people that are coming in are engaged and excited about WA.
Now, I need to get some more people converted over to Premium. Hopefully Black Friday will help convince some. It's only the best deal ever. I'm still on Black Friday payments from many moons ago. :)
I also made a sale from another program, so that was good.
And I made ANOTHER sale from my old site that's been shut down for ages now. I don't even know how at this point. All I know is that I plan on getting that site back up in the new year, getting sales going again and then selling it off.
Goals for November
I don't know how it's going to go with my new job (which won't start until mid-month), but I think I can squeeze out 12 articles.
I also want to be more consistent on YouTube, so I am going to make it a goal to get at least 1 video per week up.
I also want to start thinking about how I can get more people on my email list.
That's it for this month!
How was your October? Let me know in the comments below!
P.S. My Macbook Air that I so love is dying. I just purchased a new Macbook Air (in Gold, of course) to replace it. It's bittersweet though because I've had this one since 2012, and I got it in a crazy law-of-attraction-too-good-to-be-true kind of way. RIP Macbook Air. I will miss you!
(But my new one is so pretty and I can't wait to make magic with it!)
See more comments