Get MORE from your WA membership
You get a LOT, but go ahead- GET GREEDY!.
That's the plan - get all you can, and we will all be happy for you. I'm not talking about building and promoting 20 more sites (though that might be great). I'm talking about growing your skill and your business. This is the right place, if you make use of the help available for you.
The great power at WA is PERSONAL COACHING, ADVICE and FEEDBACK. It is beautiful, powerful and there is a ton of it waiting for you, if you accept it. This is the most valuable part of WA membership... So how do you get as much as possible?.
Invite and WELCOME input from other WA members
This isn't hard, but it does require effort. I suggest you do as follows to make sure you really are inviting and welcoming the feedback and coaching available here:
- Throw yourself into the training available here - there's lots available; pick what best suits your goals, and dig in. The Certification program is a great place to start
- Do the work, and when you get stuck ask for help: use chat, ask an open question, or approach a fellow member or an ambassador, but ask
- Engage with other members by commenting on blogs, training lessons or questions. You can even do a WA blog of your own to share a learning, idea or pet peeve.
- Welcome and accept input or feedback, whether it's positive or negative; it is important to keep getting input and other help so show that you appreciate it even if you don't like the news, and aren't sure you agree. It is just as hard to give negative feedback as it is to get it, so THANK THEM FOR IT so you can get more. If you can keep the feedback coming, you get coaching without hiring a coach - a real gift.
- Be gracious and thankful for all engagement. This means unless it is nasty, cruel or immoral, every comment you get as a response to your question, post or comment should be acknowledged with thanks, or at least a LIKE.
It may seem strange to be thankful for criticism, but it really IS a gift, and thanking people for that gift is common courtesy and basic etiquette here at WA. When you don't devote a half second to click LIKE after a member takes the time to respond to your comment, question or post, that tells them and others here that you don't appreciate the help. That isn't how to get the most out of this supportive community. When they provide extra help by sharing a link or providing details, both a LIKE and a thank you comment are very common, and a great practice.
Many of us understand these rules, because we see them all around us, but not everyone does. It is never too late to show the community that you value them, appreciate their advice and welcome their help.
And of course GIVE BACK
The WA culture is rich with members that generously share their time and wisdom with others here, and you should too. Return the favor, and pay it forward to other members with comments, blogs and other ways to share and help. It will be appreciated and will pay you dividends in acceptance and coaching help. This will lead to wonderful personal growth and business success, which is why most of us are here.
And last but not least, if you ever see me miss or fail to show my appreciation for feedback I get, Please call me out. Not everyone will appreciate that, but I invite it.
Thanks for reading,