Sharing our Family Birthday! (Canadian Citizenship)
This blog is not directly related to our main goal here at WA but I just want to share some milestone events that our family celebrated. Celebrating our journey and success both in-and-out of our WA activities is essential for us to function joyfully, effectively and revitalize ourselves in order to achieve our goals. Today my family had our Canadian Citizenship Oath Taking considered as final step towards being a Canadian and as a milestone embracing our new second motherland.
As in any other country, achieving Canadian citizenship is no easy task as you have left your family, friends and homeland behind. You have met the requirements for immigration and have worked hard to get established in your second home. As many have chosen to migrate to this country for various reasons such as opportunity, sanctuary, equality, freedom, love, prosperity or adventure. The vast majority achieve their goals and more.
Today, we took our oath as a new Canadians, with all the rights and responsibilities of citizenship. Hundreds of years ago, French and British pioneers partnered with the First Nations and laid the foundation of Canada. More recently, our country has been settled by immigrants and refugees from all over the world . Generations have found freedom, democracy, prosperity and security.
From our Atlantic shores, across forest and plain, lakes and mountains, to the Pacific Ocean and up to the Arctic Circle, Canadians have built a prosperous society based on ordered liberty, enterprise, hard work and fair play. Canada's history, symbols and institutions have been shaped by many events such as World Wars, and by individuals. Today, our history, symbols and tradition are ours to cherish. Our success comes from our dedication to our founding values: freedom, democracy, human rights and the rule of law. As Canadian citizen we will help enrich our society and strengthen our shared identity.
Amazing Facts About Canada:
- Canada is a huge, multicultural and diverse country and the second largest country in the world and home to immigrants of about 240,000 per year from every part of the world. More than 100 different languages are identified as the mother tonge spoken at home
- One of the richest country in the world in natural resources with tall mountains, broad prairies, fertile farmland, immense forest, pristine lakes and wild oceans. Canada has at least 3 million lakes, has the largest group of freshwater lakes in the world.
- Rich in various natural deposits such as oil and gas deposits, gold, lead, copper, diamond, zinc, etc., agricultural products, and vast aquatic resources
- Canada has the longest coastline of any country in the world bordered by three oceans (Pacific, Atlantic and Arctic)
- Amazing and fascinating places. Where can you find a place known as “Land of the Midnight Sun”? - The North because at the height of summer, daylight can last up to 24 hours. In winter, the sun disappears and darkness sets in for three months.
- Considered as the a “Land of Opportunity” with “Unlimited Possibilities.”
- Lots, lot more. . . .
Proud to be a Canadian! ! ! !
O Canada (Our National Anthem) Video: