Failing My Way to Success!
By my evaluation, I am failing at all of my committments to myself for the WA Class, but...
(This all started with a "Just checking in to see how you're getting along" from Bruce
Everything is going Great and I have about 10,000 things on my list to learn and 1,000 things I did Not do right. And nothing is Going to Stop Me from Doing Whatever I Can Do... No Matter How Little Each Day...
I am Just Starting to learn enough to ask questions and I can usually find the answers on WA site ( with just a little searching).
- First 30 days (January 7 - February 7)
1) Exploring WA and the trainings available
(Now to start really learning the materials in those trainings)
2) Attempted the 30 Days to Success class
It was like I was taking an advanced class being taught in a foreign language I don't speak
3) Spent large percentage of that time learning the definitions of the words I was reading :)
4) Another huge percent trying to learn to socialize within WA (that part has become fun)
5) I did get my domain, SteppingStonesToDragon.com
Got a couple of other domains for future projects
Learned the definitions of Domain, Website, Host and about 500 other words
6) Explored the basics of WordPress Express
Played with a bunch of themes.
Have NOT got my website even close to representative of what I want to do there!
Have NOT figure out how to best communicate my content on the site
7) Acquired several Affiliate-ships (that should be a word).
Have NOT actually installed (setup?) Affiliate-ships on my website
- Second Month (February 9 - March 12):
1) Learning some of the concepts of communication via the internet (30 in 30 class)
2) Picked up an inexpensive Digital Video Camera
3) Have NOT created articles the way I planned
4) My thoughts have been Sidetracked by Life!
* My 2007 Prius got totaled
* Dealt with Insurance settlement
* Replaced my car - 2006 Prius
* Husband got rehired after 8 month unemployed
* My Day and Night Job is my own computer support service and it has been growing!
- Surprised by how hard it has been to get back on track with my writing!
- Pleased with myself that I have spent time on WA most every day!
- Keep Up the Habits of doing a little, even if it is logging on to see who else might need a friend.
Have made a plan for the next 12 months of growing my on-line business with the help of WA
- Month 3 (March 13 - April 13):
1) Set-up SteppingStonesToDragon.com
2) Find a Theme I can live with for a while
3) Get Affiliate-ships Activated
4) Create content I am more happy with
5) Create "okay" video pieces and get them on website
6) Actually complete the work I committed to in learning to communicate... 30 in 30 Project.
- Keep On Learning and Doing, No Matter How Small the Step!
- Month 4 (April 15 - May 15)
1) Acturally complete the work I started in January... 30 Days to Success Club
2) Learn how to incorporate Social Media into my reality
- Keep Showing Up and Doing Whatever I Can!
... Sherry M