Don't Publish Your Blog Until You Do This Checklist!
A HANDY DANDY CHECKLIST THAT WILL INCREASE TRAFFIC TO YOUR BLOG.
I thought it would be helpful to you if I shared a list I made and use for each and every blog post I write. I actually have a "Before" and "After" Checklist. This way, I make sure I have completed each task I need to before I hit "Publish," and the steps I take afterwards to promote my blog.
BEFORE YOU PUBLISH:
1. Quality of Writing: Write a post that is beneficial to your reader, and that uses keywords and has a persuasive tone. Get friendly!
2. For Easy Reading: Make sure your text is divided into small sections of no more than 300 words in each section, and use headings for each.
3. Internal Linking: Link to previous blog posts from within your text that relate to what you're talking about.
4. Discussion: Ask questions within the text to prompt interaction in the comments section.
5. A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words: Upload appropriate and related "brand" images that are SEO worthy.
6. Alt Tagging: Fill out the Alt Text in your images. They will also be picked up by the Search Engines. Make sure they are keywords or keyphrases. (NOTE: The Alt Texts are highly used by Pinterest Search Engines.)
7. Brand Each Post: Choose and add a "featured" image to each blog post. This will be one certain image that you use on all your posts-- as your sort of emblem that ties all your posts together. (I use the image on my logo with my website name.)
8. Rock the Search Engines: Make sure your post is SEO Stellar!
9. Eliminate Errors: Proofread at least 3 times.
10. Optional: You can also produce and embed a related video into your post, connecting it from YouTube. To learn more, follow along with Jay's April Webinars. Here is his first one: Introduction to YouTube Marketing
AFTER YOU PUBLISH: (This is just my routine--you may have your own.)
1. Pin Your Posts: Use Rich Pins and Pin each post's images to Pinterest. You may want to make a copy and edit them to fit vertically. (Using Rich Pins allows you to add more SEO-rich content. Pinterest will walk you through setting them up.)
2. Share in Group Boards: Now Pin these Rich Pins to Group Boards that are topic-related.
3. Social Sharing: Share your post on FB, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. (You may want to Tweet your post several times on Twitter.)
4. Communication: Respond to any comments you get in a timely manner.
5. Analytics Tracking: Check the analytics to track your engagement.
6. Repeat Pins: Re-Pin your post images in Pinterest in a couple months, or as often as you see fit.
7. Affiliate Marketing: You may add affiliate links if and where you set fit.
Here's a training I wrote to guide you on Pinterest. Pinterest Points
Also, a good friend of mine here has written an awesome post with more helpful writing tips!
There you have it!
I hope this Checklist has been helpful in assisting you with your blog process!
PLEASE LIKE and SHARE, if you wish, to INFORM others! Thank You!