Don't Have Enough Time For Your Business?
Lately, I've been hearing from a lot of members that they don't have enough time for Wealthy Affiliate or their new business. I'm not surprised. We all have a lot of things going on in our lives and unfortunately there are only 24 hours in a day and we don't have clones yet. LOL So I hear you.
I hated pop quizzes growing up. But I promise you that this one is easy and there isn't any right or wrong answers. Okay? So let me ask you a few questions.
- Do you have time to watch TV?
- Do you have time to listen to the radio?
- Do you have time to surf the internet?
- Do you have time to watch online videos?
- Do you have time to be on social networks?
Okay so if you have time for any of these activities then you've passed my quiz! Give yourself a pat on the back. Here's all you need to do to magically free up more hours for your business. Just spend half of the time on any of these previous activities & all of sudden you'll have a couple hours more per day to work on your business. The great thing is that you don't even have to give up all these other "extremely important" activities. All you're doing is adjusting the time you spend on them. I know this is some mind blowing stuff. LOL But seriously sometimes simplicity can yield some impressive results.
But I have a Job!
Yes I have to admit juggling a job and everything else can be very hard. We all struggle with it already. But then you add a new business into the mix, and it seems damn near impossible to squeeze in anything else. I feel your pain. Here's a couple solutions to this situation.
- If you commute to work by public transportation, I'm assuming you're not the one that is driving the train or bus. Cool, if that's the case it's a perfect opportunity to write down notes or even a couple of articles for your website. You can publish them later or if you have wifi or a personal hotspot available, then save them as a draft on your blog. Or maybe you can spend the time reading through wealthy affiliate training or watching the instructional videos. Either way if you're spending 30 minutes or more commuting on public transportation, it is a perfect time to work on your business!
- If you aren't taking public transpiration then see the previous paragraph about cutting your time in some of those other activities you do when you're not at work. Because I'm assuming you don't have a job that is 24 hours per day. With that said, you should be able to squeeze a couple of hours from cutting down on other activities.
- If cutting the other activities isn't a viable option, let's discuss your sleeping habits. Are you an early bird or a night owl? It really doesn't matter because either one will work. I happen to be an early bird. So what I tend to do is stop watching my Nextflix by 9 or 10:30pm at the latest. Then I wake up at 5am while everyone else is asleep and I work on my business for a couple of hours until everyone wakes up. Or sometimes I'll skip a night or two of TV and just spend those hours working on my business. It all depends on my energy level for the day. Ultimately you know when you're more productive than I do. So it's up to you to decide which is a better option. The point is, it should be an option for you and your business if you're actually serious about this!
But I have Family.
Yeah about them. So for those of you that do have families you support, wasn't one of the main reasons you joined Wealthy Affiliate as followed:
- I want to spend more time with my family.
- I want to give my family a better life.
- I don't want my family to struggle.
- I want to take my family on vacation.
- I want to pay off my family's debts.
- etc. etc.
Does any of this sounds familiar? If so, how would you respond to your family if they asked you why weren't you trying to make these things happen for them anymore? Would you be comfortable saying it's because you "don't have enough time" for them? Or would a better response be that they are just not a priority for you right now?
Look At The Man In The Mirror
Sorry if this is coming off as an attack, that's not really the intention. What I'm trying to do is force you to look at yourself in the mirror and be honest. Yes we all have a lot of things going on and it never seems like enough time to do it all. Some of us have it worse than others. I'm not taking away anything from that. But in general when people claim they don't have time for something it's usually just an excuse. What folks really mean is that this particular activity isn't a priority for them right now. Unfortunately we're just too chicken to fess up and admit it.
Well I'm here to force you to do it. It's painful but it needs to be done. It frustrates the crap out of me that people will make time for activities that won't add any real value in their lives years to come. But they are quick to give up on the one thing that can actually have life changing ramifications for themselves if they have patience and are willing to work for it. It just seems ass backwards to me.
Here's the real reason I think many of you don't have the time (and I don't mean ALL of you) for this business.
- You have self doubts.
- You ran into some obstacles or failures.
- You're not seeing results as fast as you like.
- You're overwhelmed.
- You're confused.
- You're scared of failure.
- You think the grass is greener on the other side.
- You have shiny new object syndrome.
We Are Family!
But that's not the case with you. You're literally surrounded by members that are doing it and have had success in this business. I think the real problem is you're not fully tapping all the resources available to you. For instance:
- Are you using live chat to talk to other members?
- Have you blogged your fears or SPECIFIC questions?
- Have you tried private messaging successful members?
- Have you upgraded to premium so you can have the full support and training you need?
If you haven't done all of these activities then you haven't given yourself or your business a real fighting chance. So with that said, be real with yourself. Stop the BS excuses of not having enough time, and just admit that you have given up.
There is no shame in that. Some people just aren't built for this. Some people just don't feel that their dreams are worth sucking up the pain and pushing forward. That's all good. I wish those folks the best. They make up a lot of the work force and our society couldn't function without them. So I tip my hat off to you folks.
Make A Choice!
But the rest of you aren't keeping it real and this article is for you. I feel your pain but you're not alone. We're all here for you and now that I'm calling you out, what are you going to do? Will you continue to lie to yourself about not having enough time? Or will you keep it real and admit that you had a moment of weakness and you're not going to let it rule your life.
The choice is yours. Either way you have to be able to live with yourself. Sorry if this article has come off a bit strong. I'm not here to judge anyone or make assumptions about their situations. Some of you are really going through some real stuff that can really impact your time. But I also know there is a larger portion of folks that are just "faking the funk", so my duty is to help them see it for what it is. Obviously my intention is to jar these folks back into a path that will give them what they really want rather then settling for what they don't.
Hopefully all of you can appreciate this. But if I've rubbed you the wrong way, then I'm sorry your feelings are hurt. But it's all love. That said, feel free to chime in below. I'd love to hear from all of you and your perspective.
If you find this article useful, then don't hesitate to save it and share it with another member that you suspect needs a gentle push. Thanks for reading.
Your tough love friend,
Eddy with a Y!