Last Update: Apr 8, 2014
It's Monday so I'll report my week's progress. This is Day 8 of my 30-challenge. I accomplished a few things and learned even more.
What I accomplished:
- bartered for a website in a niche I'm interested in
- got my WA affiliate site sommewhat good to go
- experimented with settings and themes
- wrote some blogs
- showed up at WA--consistency!
- posted my first affiliate offer in a forum
What I learned:
- It does me no good at all to stay up late because my brain is mush the next day.
- Even a little bit of time every day adds up.
- I have a problem with finishing. Love to keep tinkering.
- Nothing happens until I actually get my sites live.
- Before you post in forums, be sure to read ALL the guidelines. Twice.
The challenge is working for me.
- I'm involved in the WA community and loving it! This is simply the friendliest, most helpful place on the web.
- I'm making slow progress. I can do this and still do my regular job.
- Overwhelm only happens if I let it.
- I realize one of my biggest problems is making it too hard, too complicated. Something up is better than nothing up.
Goals for the coming week:
- Keep working on the lessons and the websites, at least an hour a day
- Write three articles for each and post them.
- Take just one more shot at the premium theme I bought. If I keep having problems, just switch to one of the hundreds (thousands?) already available. It's not worth fussing over.
On to week 2!
Sounds like you are on the right path Affiliateer... It is a process. It does take time and you are right, it is best not to burn yourself out.
It is truly a unique business community with all the support needed to get started( and… also easy to get distracted.) look at all you've accomplished so far. You are even finding time to post here… that's a great start! If you have any questions or need help, check into live chat… someone will step up and help when you ask...
I look forward to following your progress in the coming months. Julie
Thanks! Live chat is interesting to watch. I've picked up some good pointers that way. Haven't asked any questions yet, but it's sure reassuring to know it's there. Great resource.
Great Post, Affiliateer! What a great game plan model for me to follow. Just what I needed. Thanks!
Good luck with your plan! There's financial freedom down this path, if I can just keep to the road and stay off all the fascinating dead ends.
Im jealous of your discipline and ability lol
Discipline LOLOL! Call it what you want, focus, consistency, these are huge problems for me. This challenge is doing some good for sure. The whole accountability factor with these blogs.
What a great blog! I think you speak for many here and I especially agree with the late nights... you're doing so well.
Yeah, the whole sleep thing. Totally pointless, because it's like I lose a day. An hour earlier seems to be more effective for me than later hours, I seem to accomplish more.
lovely update and can identify with the "brain is mush" thing, but it always the day after the day after the late night...LOL...Andy
Yes, I can function nicely on adreneline, or coffee, the next day. Then it hits. Times vary, but the effects show up at some point!
Thanks for stopping by.
You are doing great! Keep up the good work and the wonderful attitude! You are going to be so successful! :-)
I hope you keep that attitude for a long time. You are humming right along!
See more comments
Good job.keep it up