How to Wealthy Affiliate
New here and wondering...
How to Wealthy Affiliate?
I've been here nearly 2 years and I've learned a few things (sometimes the hard way), so today I'm offering you a few tips that may speed up, clarify or simplify your process.
Lesson 1: Follow the Training
This morning I woke up to one of my favourite emails.
For those of you in Wealthy Affiliate Bootcamp you'll know exactly what this email title means: Invitation Accepted! To newcomers, it means I just got a new Wealthy Affiliate referral.
What's exciting is that I do not know the person who accepted my invitation. They must have found Wealthy Affiliate via my website, possibly via my first WA review which I published a couple of weeks ago (on 30th August).
Now isn't that a pip?
What's also exciting to me, is that this is my 10th Referral.
There has been a marked increase in referrals since I completed the first phase of Affiliate Bootcamp and published my first review. I had 6 Referrals in 18 months (6th February 2016 to 9th August 2017) and 4 Referrals so far in September.
- 4 Referrals have created Profiles and images so far.
- 1, maybe 2 (that I know of) are planning to go Premium towards the end of this month
This ties in perfectly with WA's Converstion Rate 1 in 8.
Imagine how many more referrals I would have had by now f I had done Affiliate Bootcamp in Month 1 instead of Month 19?
Since I started following the Online Certification Training and Affiliate Bootcamp to the letter, my publishing rate has increased and my results have sped up.
Lesson 2: Use Jaaxy
I did not have the money to invest in Jaaxy when I first got started and was a very happy user of Wealthy Affiliate's Keyword Tool (FREE to Members).
Since switching over to Jaaxy I have found two major benefits:
- Jaaxy is MUCH faster - my Keyword research takes me about a tenth of the time it used to (and time is money)
- The Site Rank Tool is Phenomenal - here's an example
I used Jaaxy to look up keywords for this post: My Progress at Wealthy Affiliate
I chose the Keyword: "My Progress at Wealthy Affiliate" because it was the closest to what I wanted to say and it had 40 monthly searches and only 11 competitors (almost my sweet spot - I like to choose keywords with more than 50 searches and less than 50 QSR, the closer to 0 QSR the better).
As you may know, our WA blog posts get automatically and instantly indexed by the search engines because WA is an Authority Site. (I learnt this in the TRAINING).
By using Jaaxy's Site Ranking Tool I was easily able to see:
My post is ranking No. 1 on Google, No. 1 on Bing and No. 1 on Yahoo.
Now isn't that a pip?
Lesson 3: Make Friends Here
There a few ways to make friends here at Wealthy Affiliate.
- Like and Comment on WA Blog Posts and Tutorials (Visit Activity Dashboard, Top 10)
- Ask and Answer Questions
- Write your own blog posts and tutorials
- Offer (and receive) Site Comments using the Site Comments Tool
- Offer (and receive) Site Comments using the Give and Take Thread
- Offer (and receive) Site Feedback using the Site Feedback Tool
- Be genuinely helpful
- Be friendly, supportive and affirming
- CARE about other's progress
Yes I know this takes time out of your posting schedule, out of your "real" work of building your online empire. However, I've found there are a multitude of benefits of engaging at Wealthy Affiliate:
- It turns what could be a lonely pursuit (blogging at home) into something fun and sociable
- Many come to WA for their daily dose of Positivity
- Valuable input and ideas for your website
- Support, compliments, adulation, validation, positive criticism, helpful advice
- Your WA friends visit your website (from my Google Analytics I can see this is true)
- Your WA friends may follow you on Social Media growing your online presence
- The Ambassador Program - fun to have something to strive for
- The Open Education Project - the more friends you have following and commenting on your tutorials, the more ongoing credits you earn
- WA Friends send you brilliant recommendations (e.g. Read: How I made my first $50 Online)
Now isn't that a pip?
Lesson 4: Be Patient
Like any business, online or offline, it takes time and effort to build your online empire. It's a learning curve. A process.
- First you have to create rich content on your site
- And get all the nitty gritties in place (like google analytics, authorship, sitemap etc.)
- Then you have to gain traffic and build a loyal following.
- Then you can start thinking about monetizing.
Don't try to put the cart before the horse.
Be careful not to compare yourself to others who are further down the track or seem to be moving faster than you.
Focus on your own growth while celebrating each tiny success and milestone (as well as the success of fellow members).
Read Lynne Huysamen's recent post for encouragement: No Need to LOOK for Income!
Lesson 5: Be the Solution
Kyle and Carson reached the heights they've reached by having a very strong mission to HELP OTHERS.
They looked for the struggles online entrepreneurs were having and solved them. One by one.
More on this subject in my recent post: You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step
How can you do this in your chosen niche?
What problems or challenges can you solve?
And how can you be of benefit to the Wealthy Affiliate community?
Your unique personality. Your gifts and experience. How can you contribute?
If success is following the example of those successful before us, which I strongly believe it is.... Follow in Kyle and Carson's footsteps. Follow their training and their shining example.
Cultivate their ethos, their mission of HELPING OTHERS and you are SURE to succeed.
When I look at the leaders within Wealthy Affiliate, the Ambassadors and those with very successful online businesses, I have noticed that they have the same generous spirit of giving to others. Success breeds success.
Have you heard the saying: "The fish rots from the head down". Companies that fall apart, fall apart due to poor leadership. Wealthy Affiliate is the POLAR OPPOSITE of this. When the Leaders provide Excellent Leadership, the members follow suit.
We are so fortunate... so blessed to be given this opportunity - the least we can do is pay it forward.
To Your Success,
I know I left stuff out. For those who've been here a while, what came up for you while you were reading this post? Were you shouting in your mind: "But she left out... and..." ? Please feel free to correct me by adding a comment below.