Eyes Wide Shut Newbie 101
Welcome to Wealthy Affiliate. You have come to the best affiliate program on the Web. This is where dreams come true. With that said, I decided to share some of my experiences, as a new premium member. My goal is to help you not to make my same mistakes.
1. Take the time to write a detailed PROFILE. Let people know who you are, where you come from, what hopes and dreams you have. What is your background, strengths, and weakness? Let me/us know you. Please don't use a stock picture; there are so many puppies running around WA, I can't tell one from other. It need not be your face but, take the time, and find a unique logo. Invest in yourself, and others will invest in you.
2. I Suddenly found myself engulfed in a beautiful community of friends. Next, I found myself spending more time with them than on my business. Remember time is critical if you wish to start a business. Go to training, do not stop to smell the roses. GO TO TRAINING. Ask your questions there, participate at the end of each class. You will find affirmation in doing so. I did not, and still find myself, returning to lessons. Worse yet, I was asking for information from the community taught in classes. This is a no-no, embarrassing. Take responsibility for your education.
3. Find your Niche, don't spend forever trying to find the "perfect" one, it's not out there. There is a niche around every corner. Start with a passion you want to share. If you don't have a passion in life, Well, now is a good time to find one. Start writing then write some more. Writing is your livelihood. If grammar and spelling are a challenge to you, they are for me, English is my third language. Invest in a program, book or go to the library. Again I will say INVEST in yourself and your business.
4. QUESTIONS. Being able to ask questions and share ideas is what makes this group so remarkable. When requesting information though, stop and think, is this about how WA works, or to share a new thought. Then great, these ideas are what makes this community thrive. Or are you requesting information, about your business, or something already covered in class? This community is made up of business people like you, wanting to make a living, goal or statement. They are not here to create your dream. I learned this the hard way, believe me, I asked every imaginable question out there. Finally, one day, (with the help of a kind blogger) I realized I was letting others create/and answer questions about MY business. What was I thinking? This is my dream, not others, was I going to allow other well-meaning, possibly misinformed individuals create my business. I was even asking for legal advice on specific affiliate programs. This community is not made up of attorney's( and if you find one, are you willing to pay for their time) You are here to build a business. INVEST in your yourself, search, read and learn, make it your own. Be respectful of other members time. And pay it forward. Then pay it forward again, I find it fun to go back to training classes and spend fifteen minutes answering questions.
5. WORDPRESS is a world of its own, if you are not familiar with it, buy a book. "WordPress for Dummies" I have found it to be especially helpful. You can find a used one on Amazon, very inexpensively. I dreamt plugins were chasing me down the hall!
6. Set GOALS for each day and stick to it. I found myself getting distracted and wandering around the community. There is so much to learn and read, you can (and I did) spend entire days wandering around WA. Now I set my business goals the night before I go to bed. Then each morning I start my day with them. I accomplish them first to best of my ability. Then I go out into the community, to learn about everything I thought I knew and didn't.
7. I find reading my e-mail at the end of the day is less distracting. E-mail is essential but sidetracking as well. I set up an e-mail account just for WA; many may find this helpful.
In summary, I won't wish you luck; you don't need it. I will say have an incredible journey. Work hard and remember to stop and enjoy the trip.