Covid-19 lock down in the Netherlands
Hi all, these are difficult times worldwide.
The Covid-19 virus aka as Corona is taking hold and governments are forced to take extreme measures to contain the virus. I fully understand the measures taken to protect the weak of the population. It became almost inevitable, with our globalization, there would be such a virus outbreak once.
Now we are in the middle of it and it frightens us, especially that we cannot predict how it will end and when it will end. There are sad times ahead for many. People who are going to be confronted with deaths from this Corona infection.
The Netherlands is facing a lock down right now.
- All schools are closed
- No hands, kissis or hugs
- The catering industry is closed
- All sport events are cancelled
- Everyone is asked to stay at home!
- Care centers for older people have introduced a visit ban (with the result that we are no longer allowed to visit my mother-in-law)
- Air traffic is flat, with the exception of freight plane
- Hospitals are building tents to screen patients before entry.
This virus is a very dangerous one, and not only "old" people will die from it. There is no medicine. It can cause severe pneumonia and even young people are put on a ventilator. The youngest person here in the Netherlands who is on a ventilator and fighting for his life is 16 years old.
I would like to wish everyone who has to deal with the consequences of the Corona virus the strength they need. This also passes again.
Corona virus benefits
- The Chinese people breathe for the first time "clean air".
- The traffic jams have been resolved.
- CO2 emissions are down.
- We've had Sars and Mers, now with this third Corona virus and this pandemic, a vaccine will be developed much faster.
- Hopefully people will start thinking about unlimited travel.
- Perhaps from now on we will be going for more local products, which would certainly be good for limiting Co2 emissions.
This virus does make humanity think!