Manage your time, or your time will manage you!
“The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot"
- Time is a precious commodity... use it wisely.
- Do you plan your time, or does your time plan you?
- If you fail to plan, you plan to fail... just that simple.
- “Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.”
- Zig Ziglar
I did a tour once that former Secretary of State James Baker was on.
When one of the guides got mixed up on the time, Baker told him: "Your lack of preparation does not constitute an emergency for me."
- Do you have a plan? Do you review it? Is it flexible?
- Plan my day the night before. Next morning review it, then begin it.
- Using lists, I check off the things as I do them.
- I always plan more than I can get done, seldom get more done than I plan.
- Prepare my blogs for WA days in advance, then pluck them out as I need them.
- Make a list of posts I need to do for my website, with steps to get them finished.
- Every post requires research... research requires steps.
Sunrise is not the time to plan your day!
- Sunset the day before works better.
- My feet and my dog's feet hit the floor by 5:30 every morning... always dark outside.
- By the time the sun rises, I have my WA blog posted, my emails answered and breakfast done.
- Benjamin Franklin said: "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise"
- Don't let your time be your manager. Manage your time.
I love what Mark Twain said “If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it’s your job to eat two frogs, it’s best to eat the biggest one first.”