Suggestion for Site Comment Features
Site comment is one of the best feature in WA and you can feel a true support from the community by using this feature. It enables us to receive comments from other member in our website in exchange of offering comments to other WA members too.
Just in case anyone here don't know about this feature, you can get access to it by clicking the blue Site Rubix button in the left sidebar and choose Site Comment; or simply clicking here: https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/websites/comments
Here is a few links that you may want to know about Site Comment Feature (credit to blog owner):
1. The difference of Site Comment and Site Feedback: https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/tlweaver/blog/site...
2. The Do's and Don't's of using Site Comment feature: https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/leese/blog/using-t...
After using it several times, I have suggestions to improve it (hopefully):
1. When people give low quality comments, or worse, give site feedback instead of comment , we can choose to disapprove it and get back our precious comment credits. The person whose comment get disapproved should have their comment credit reduced too (allowing negative credit amount.
Also, if we choose to disapprove to disapprove the comment, we must give the explanation why we disapprove that comment. In this way, people will have more willingness to improve their comment quality.
You may want to read my blog here about a low quality comment I receive from other member: https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/everlight/blog/all...
2. When requesting comment, give an extra option of Language of the site. Some of us may build a website dedicated to local business, or maybe targeting their own country. With the language option, we can ask comments from people who know the language of the website. This will be helpful to build reputation for the local business website.
3. I'm experiencing higher bounce rate when using this feature. Probably because some of the member are just skim-read the post, give so-so comment, and close the page. It will be nice if this feature can force the commenter to hold the website open for at least more than 1 minute. If not, a prompt reminder below the comment box (asking commenter to write the post carefully and if possible, open 'About me' page or other post) is enough.
There are some suggestions related to the bounce rate problem here (credit to the blog owner): https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/edtay78/blog/site-...
Feel free to give another comment about these suggestions of mine. Does anyone here know where to send a suggestion to Kyle (or should I PM here directly?)