1 Year With Wealthy Affiliate
Last Update: Aug 9, 2014
Time sure flies when you are busy and my year with WA was nothing but a great journey so far. I apologize for the late post. The last couple of weeks had challenges of its own, if storms did not flood us here in SA, the earthquake made it impossible to work efficiently. Hopefully I am forgiven?
My reason for joining WA is different than most who join, because I was already somewhat successful when I joined WA. Obviously everyone would be interested to know how WA helped me and what I had gained from this platform in the last year right?
Why did I join?
My Goal was to find a platform that will provide my readers with a solution in many aspects of internet marketing without ripping them off. I found success with website development, blogging and know everything WA teach is spot on. In addition, I was hoping to find a solution to my own problem, finding a decent affiliate program that I could promote with pride and dignity. Kyle and Carson have rules, they keep this platform spam and scam free. This is the major reason why I love to be with WA, I know my referrals will not be subjected to constant up sales and they will be able to concentrate on building their online businesses.
How did Wealthy Affiliate help me grow?
The list is never ending, but I will highlight the key features that made a significant difference:
- The Affiliate Bootcamp helped me to sharpen up my website and promoting skills.
- English is not my first language and I learned different writing styles by reading posts from skilled marketers in the community. Eddy is my favorite, his writing style capture but still have profesionalsm. https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/eddysalomon/blog/do-you-have-style
- Helping others – With loads of emails, blog comments and flooded social networks, it is hard to be effective. WA’s private messaging system makes it much easier for me to help and prioritize.
- The learning process never stops and the updated training on WA keeps my knowledge up to date, allowing me to fix the flaws in my online business.
Ever since I implemented some of the training and advice that was given by members, my websites went from good to awesome!
Did I reach all my goals?
- Finding a program that is worth its salt and will help my readers to break apart from scams – Accomplished!
- Get more traffic to my websites – Accomplished!
- Get better ranking positions – Accomplished!
- Reach the 300 sales mark – Too early to tell!
- Eliminate online actions that cause me to lose valuable time – Almost Accomplished! (Thanks Kyle)
- Set up an automated system that actually works – Still battling, but another year should fix it.
- Work less than 10 hours a day – Not Accomplished yet, but hey, I can dream right?
- Create a niche website that is not about marketing – Partially done.
Can you really make money with the WA program?
This is obviously one of the questions I receive the most, and no, I am not going to give you a peek at my earnings because each person is different and works at his/her own pace. However, I will include a snapshot of my progress with WA from the date I joined.
(Keep note – I blocked out my daily clicks because each person will have their own daily conversion rate that is influenced by many factors.)
Money should not be your goal and I merely included some stats to prove that the Wealthy Affiliate boot camp works and that you can reach your goals if you implement the training and work hard. Money seldomly brings joy unless we have it, even then, it does not buy everything. Focusing on money can be depressing, especially if you had not seen a sale yet and negativity is a deadly recipe for failure. Focus on success and money will follow. In addition, each person has different skills and his/her own level of dedication. A person who spends 8 hours a day working on his/her website will make more progress than a person who can only afford to work 1 – 2 hours a day. Some who join WA already have learned the basics and thus they are able to move forward quicker.
Never compare your own progress with others, work at your own pace and stay persistent!
Do I have any regrets?
Yes, I do have a few but one that stands out the most. I wish I could have found a WA link amongst all the scams 2 years ago when I was still a newbie. I would have saved time and money.
My Goals for 2015/2016
- Master English writing completely and get over the “grammar fear”
- Make it to Vegas in 2016
- Spend more time in WA.
- Learn how to manage my time and convert a 24 hour day into 48 hours. (Any advice would be welcome!)
- I am excited about the upcoming PPC phase due in September and my goal is to have success with paid advertising as well. I know the training will help me to accomplish it.
A Special Thanks To…
My Heavenly father who made everything possible and gave me the strength to keep going when at times all seemed impossible. Without God by my side, my online journey would have been a struggle. In addition, I want to thank everyone who left me positive messages, helpful advice and made me smile. Last but not least, a special thanks to Kyle and Carson for providing an outstanding platform and support structure. I know all to well how demanding an online business can be, you guys are doing a great job to manage it perfectly.
Like always, please sent me a PM if you have questions or need advice.
Have an awesome day!
PS: Building an online business is like a bottle of wine, you need to let it mature before you will see the value of your hard work.
See more comments