Another niche site ranked and making money - Case study 2 2017
For those who know, I placed the task of pushing out a new niche site every month for 2017.
I have managed to stick to this deadline... Some months I fell behind due to too many projects on the run, failing VA's, rogue writers, sickness and family life. However, when I do fall behind I make it up in the following month.
For the last month I have noticed some products in my Amazon dashboard related to one of my niches I targeted in January this year..
First it was one or two popping up, but last night I noticed more so I figured I better start investigating...
It turns out this site has actually been making money for the past 2 months.
There has been one major FAILURE on my behalf (perhaps two or more lol).
- I failed to keep up with my regular posting schedule, sometimes dropping the ball for an entire month!
- Mixed up my affiliate ID's so I couldn't track purchases earlier
- Some of my CTA buttons didnt even have affiliate links! Just sent them straight to Amazon :facepalm:
Truth of the matter is, my site has potentially been earning a lot more but I didnt have it linked correctly !
SITE STATS AND DETAILS
- Site launched with new domain = Jan 2017
- Pages = 9 (includes privacy, disclaimer, home, blog, about, contact, & 3 targeted affiliate review pages)
- Posts = 13
- Current traffic = 250 avg per month
- bounce rate = 2.6 %
- average time spent on page = 67 seconds
- pages per session = 2.97
- organic traffic = 75%
- CTR = 5.24%
- Average position = 29 (good sign for me. if my posts / pages that are targeting my main keywords hit page 3 or better with on-page alone, I know I can easily smash the competition from the top)
- Related queries = 155
- Current earnings = unknown as I messed up the links. From looking at purchased being made through my dashboard I would say this site has paid its domain costs, hosting, and articles I outsourced.
- Main keyword 1 = 1900 searches per month *
- Main keyword 2 = 1600 searches per month *
- Main Keyword 3 = 210 searches per month *
- Additional longtail keywords = 1,839,188 per month *
* I have not ranked for these yet
Once I implement the tasks below i'll have more info on how the traffic is converting once they hit Amazon.
So now is the time I start implementing more strategies with the aim to improve its earning potential overall.
These tasks include:
1. Utilizing individual affiliate tags - I use different tags for each page, and within that I have tags for contextual links, tables, images, CTA buttons, native ads..
This might seem overkill but my aim is to get the most data on:
- which pages are working best.
- which links are working best CTA Buttons vs Contextual vs Images vs Tables vs Display Ads
- Which products convert best
2. Assign a content marketing VA to this site and start producing content on a weekly basis.
3. Use Google Analytics to create goals so I can get more data on better performing pages.
4. Because its a visual niche I will start doing some Pinterest strategies that I believe will make the traffic explode.
There will be a few other ninja things that I do to push my main keywords to the top. If you want to see more of my initial process, please take a look at my other case study posts here in WA.
Overall I dropped the ball on this one! The site could have been doing a lot better and a lot sooner if I had actually done a full job, not half done it lol....