Stellar Posts Guaranteed to Boost Traffic, Social Shares and Sales
5. The Incredible Infographic
One of the greatest viral content marketing techniques of 2015 has to be the INFOGRAPHIC.
- In a test conducted by the Wharton School of Business, two presentations were shown to an audience: one of the presentations contained visual imagery; the other didn’t. Researchers found that67% of the audience was convinced by the first presentation, compared with 50% for the purely verbal presentation.
- An infographic is 30 times more likely to be read than a purely textual article.
- Google recorded more than 67,000 searches per month for the terms ‘infographic’ or ‘infographics’ in 2013.
- People remember 80% of what they see and do, compared with just 20% of what they read.
- From 2010 to 2012, web traffic specialists KISSmetrics enjoyed more than41,000 re-tweets referencing its infographic material.
Infographics are huge right now and highly shareable. People love this as they are QUICK, brief, usually actionable, visual and did I mention shareable?
I wrote a recent blog post entitled "The Growth Hacking Survival Guide". I put a lot of time and effort into it's one of my best performers. Then, I updated the post with an Infographic and it got even more shares.
"Wait, Peej, I don't know how to create an infographic"
Okay, two options here......
Options for creating an Infographic
- Outsource it - it can be done fairly inexpensively on Fiverr.com, Elance.com or Guru.com
- Create one yourself on Canva, Easel.ly, and Infogr.am.
You know I wouldn't just leave you hanging and say "go figure it out". :-)
Tips for creating a highly successful infographic that totally rocks!
Remember the main thoughts you wish to convey. Just like mapping out your website's menu navigation, take time to create killer headline (perhaps in accordance with your blog post headline - in the same arena), create subheadings or sections and somehow interact with the other subheadings - or use the actionable steps approach.
Determine how to draw attention to the data driven portions of your infographic
A successful infographic will have consistently (themed), excellent design, be scannable (with your eyes, not the machine), and have a clear hierarchy.
Include a "Share This Image On Your Site" area (the copy and paste HTML code) below the infographic.