- How To Create a 6 Figure Website
How To Create a 6 Figure Website
There's many reasons I prefer to write best of posts instead of individual reviews.
Top reasons include:
1) I find it easier to write to a 300 word description of 10 to 15 products in one post than 1500 words about a single product in an individual review.
2) Best of posts bring in much more traffic than review posts. I have best of posts that get 6,000 clicks a month. When you write a best of post you end up ranking for a million different terms and not just the original keyword.
3) Best of lists with the year are easy to rank and attract motivated buyers. These keywords are extremely low competition and if you follow the advice in this training you'll find it pretty easy to get page 1 rankings for each one. A lot of times you'll get top 5, top 3 and sometimes number one overall. People looking for the most up to date products tend to want to buy too.
These keywords can be a little elusive to find, though, but once you understand how to find them you'll see them everywhere.
Let's take Kitchen and Dining for example. Go back to this link: https://www.amazon.com/kitchen...
Click the small appliance section and it brings you here: https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=l...
You'll see these sections: slow cookers, microwave ovens, food processors, rice cookers, blenders, juicers, contact grills, ovens and toasters, compact refrigerators, countertop burners, ice cream machines, waffle irons, deep fryers, bread machines, coffee machines, tea machines, expresso machines, wine cellars, electric griddles, electric skillets and on and on and on.
Let's check each one in the free keyword tool at WA.
1) Best Slow Cookers 2017: searches, 387 competition: 60 (VERY GOOD KEYWORD)
2) Best countertop microwaves 2017: searches 387, competition: 25 (VERY GOOD KEYWORD)
3) Best food processors 2017: searches 274, competition: 26 (VERY GOOD KEYWORD)
4) Best rice cookers 2017: searches 128, competition, 51 (VERY GOOD KEYWORDS)
You see where I'm going here?
Each one of those keywords work and this is just the small appliance section! We haven't gotten to bakeware, cookware or dining.
Here's why I say each of those lists has potential to bring thousands a clicks a month too:
1) Best slow cookers 2017: searches 387
2) best slow cooker 2017: searches 103
3) best slow cooker reviews: searches 187
4) slow cook reviews ratings: searches 136
If you write a "Best slow cookers 2017" post and do it right you'll rank for all those terms too.
Go through the kitchen and dining section and you'll find hundreds of keywords that work and get a lot of traffic. There's more than enough for a six figure website and there may be enough there for a 7 figure website.
Also, sometimes I'll write a best of post that doesn't have the year but is specific. For example, best "product" for kids, best "product" for women, best "product" for men, etc.
Now you want to find the right products for each section. This might surprise you but you DON'T want to just type in best slow cookers into Amazon and use the products on their first page. The first page of Amazon tends to be cheap products. You'll want to research products on different retail sites and then find them on Amazon. We'll dig deeper into this in the next section.
Please help on this also.
While analyzing competition for best of keyword what is most important. Is it Domain Authority or content length or relevance of ranking websites on SERP. If all the website ranking for a best of keyword in my chosen niche are high authority can we still try and beat them with longer post?
So I bought a domain.
Thanks for everything.
1) I am ready to roll. I have my basic site set up and ready to start.
2) I am signed up with Amazon Associates. 80ish % will be Amazon products.
3) I was approved for the other two affiliate programs that I needed. Bad news is 20ish % can only be purchased through these two affiliates. Good news is they are higher commission than Amazon.
4) On-Line SEO Checklist Printed out from Backlinko so I don't miss anything.
Three questions if I may:
1) 300-400 minimum words per item on page plus intro and conclusion will keep me from being dinged by Google?
2) I get the internal links and why, but I am confused about adding external links (to whom and why would I do that). It seems that would send them off my page (even if opens new window) or distract them from buying right then if I sent them for some reason to another site. Could you elaborate on this please.
3) I understand with a new site, nobody will be reading these for a while..do I keep a constant check on the product links to make sure they are still active? I assume dead links to products would be terrible.
Thanks for everything. I sincerely appreciate it.
2) Link how to well known like wikipedia. It's good for SEO. I don't have an exact answer for why but everyone I respect in the SEO industry says do it so you should just do it.
3) Maybe once a month check no the links or when a post starts getting traffic check on them.
Does it have to be amazon products or could it be other affiliate links? If I want to have a travel blog for example could I do ‘best places to visit in Berlin 2018’ but, instead of products, have links to things like booking.com and Airbnb??
It’s more of a hiking/travel blog but I’d also like to do place reviews (as well as hiking gear).
Also what if there is no traffic for a keyword with the year? For instance "Best Recliners" vs "Best Recliners 2018". No traffic for "Best Recliners 2018" but decent amount for "Best Recliners". Is it okay to just add 2018 to the title? Permalink would still be shortened.
Try not to overthink this too much.