How I Do Digital Product Reviews
- Be transparent. If there's something you don't know about the product, let your audience know about it if it warrants mentioning at all.
- Leverage on what you know about the product and stress key points from these sources.
- Try to get into the product even if you are low on funds. Sometimes you can work out deals with the vendor to get the product into your hands so you can evaluate it. This is FAR better than trying to do without. However, it's sometimes okay to promote a product as long as you do the research on it (as shown in previous pages)and get to know as much about the product possible. Make sure your research isn't based on faulty sources.
- Get the Facts! 'Nuff said!
- You don't have to tell your audience you've not purchased the product, but do make sure you approach the reviewing process by providing sound advice and details about the product through what you've learned from your carefully-done research.
- Make sure you've been through the training here at WA on the topic of reviewing products. Give the demographics, what you like/dislike about the product, who the product is intended for, price, what's in the product and about the product.