- 6 Ways to Make Money with Your Wordpress Blog
6 Ways to Make Money with Your Wordpress Blog
Who Is Your Customer and What Problem Are You Solving?
Two important things to make sure you know are:
1. Who is your customer
2. What problem are you solving
To try and explain this a little better I will give you an example.
My first product that I promoted was a natural colic product for infants. The natural product would ease the stomach ache for babies, it would also help with the babies gas problems and this would lead to a happier baby.
I researched websites that talked about colic. I visited forums and chats where parents could talk about their issues, I borrowed books at the library... I have two kids myself so I had some real life experience as well.
What I found out was that my customer is a woman, mother, age 24 – 35... I created a profile of the typical ”customer”.
The problem I was solving was an emotional problem for the mother and the family. Not being able to help your infant is very difficult for a mother, she feels helpless and wants to do anything she can to ease the pain. The crying also puts a lot of stress on the parents and the rest of the family. So some of the problems I was solving by offering this product were:
- Help the mother feel good about ”fixing the problem”.
- Get rid of the pain and gas problems for the baby.
- Reduce the stress on the whole family
- Also around holidays when you have family events the sales went up. The parents want to be able to be around the rest of the family and relatives without a sad, crying baby.
So how did I make money with this site?