Daily Facts - Day #70: Billion dollar niches - The $5 billion food allergy niche
Here's another sad fact: there are tens of millions of people sick to the stomach ... for a solution ... all over the world ...
Yep ... The food allergy niche is another area where we are talking about actual needs ...
Not desires or wishes ... NEEDS!
Here are some numbers provided by FoodTechConnect ...
- the food allergy market size is around $5 billion
- the gluten-free products market is projected to grow at a CAGR of at least 10% every year
- snacks and granola bars are the leading category at 15% of mass-market
- 18% of adults are buying or consuming foods products tagged as gluten-free
- 68% shop at three or more stores per month to find gluten-free foods
- 55% spend 30% or more on their grocery budget for gluten-free foods
- 56% of consumers prefer to buy gluten-free foods at natural food stores
- 1 in 4 of survey respondents ages 18-24 eat gluten-free foods -27% eat gluten-free foods to help them in their weight-loss efforts
- 59% of women agree gluten-free products are worth the extra cost
The Google Trends charts are showing a steady demand and a widespread regional interest for the past 12 months:
Mr. Jaaxy gave me 5,359 AVG monthly searches for "food allergy" and 11,048 searches for "gluten free" ...
Is not a "deep" niche with a lot of micro-niches involved, but there are many leverageable avenues: gluten-free diets, gluten-free recipes, gluten-free products, gluten-free desserts, gluten-free ingredients, food allergy test kits, food allergy courses, food allergies for pets (!), food allergy syndrome, baby food allergy, seafood allergy, food allergy treatments, gluten free grains, gluten free meals, gluteen free cookbooks, keto gift boxes, celiac disease, gluten intolerance, gluten-free homemade foods, gluten-free cooking etc.
And no wonder, I found 30,000 gluten-related items only on Amazon. And another 8,000 for food allergy ...
An evergreen and profitable niche with a 10% average yearly growth rate.
Which means a lot of possibilities for affiliate marketers ...