Refresher: Archives Widget Settings
Archives Widgets Settings
The Archives Widget organizes your previously published posts by month. This creates the ease for readers who want to browse your older postings.
Here’s what it looks like when is properly setup on a webpage sidebar:
Once you add the widget to your sidebar from Appearance > Widgets
- Title: Set the title to be displayed above the archives in your sidebar. (i.e. Past Blog, Old News, … etc.)
Archive Add in the Title
As shown Title on Webpage
- Display as a drop down: Check this box to display the months on a single line, as a drop-down menu, rather than as a list. This is handy if you want to save space or have been writing your blog for a long time
- Check Display as Dropdown
Show Dropdown on Webpage
- Show post counts: If this box is checked, the total number of posts published during that month will be displayed next to the link.
Check Show Post Counts
Show Count on Webpage
- Show Both Drop down and Count
Hope is useful.