Bounce Rate Issues and Building Traffic, 3rd Month Over Quadruple
MUST READ!!!!! If your new like me to IM then don't forget to connect Webmaster Tools to Google Analytics. I failed to complete this and wondered why my bounce rate was so high.... IT WASN'T. The bot visits were counting as single visits with no extra page visits and 0 second time on page.
Bounce Rate Issue
How I figured this out....
Google Webmaster clicks verse Google Analytics hits were different. Why would I have so many 0 second visits and others were reading between 2 and 9 pages. Last night I was watching real time and noticed everyone was visiting multiple pages.
How I fixed it. I added my Google Analytics Tracking Code to my Webmaster Tools.
Look at the results from yesterday to today!!!!!!!
The day is not even over and I have had the same visit ratio but a 7 percent decrease in bounce rate. My point is make sure you do this so you are getting accurate results to draw conclusions from. The pages per visit jumped a little and so did average time on site which means some of the visits where just bots downloading info. My average bounce rate is consistent so I can only attribute it to this change and is consistent 2 days in a row,
Increasing Your Traffic!
I've bugged a lot of people for advice and I always got the same response from Kyle, ADD Quality Content, ADD Quality Content, ADD Quality Content.
Let's View the Results of Kyle's Advice
Month 1 - Very Few Unique Visits or Google Rankings
Month 2 - Quadruple Unique Visits and a Few Google Rankings
Month 3 - Exponential Growth
The month isn't quite over yet and look at the results. Traffic is half your battle. The other half is converting that traffic but I expect by November my CTR will be better and with the traffic growth potential the sky is the limit.
Now that I have fixed the Google Bot Issue I expect to have some great results in month 4.
What I Did?
I added one page or post per day for 2 months. That's 60 pages of content on my site in 2 months. My older posts keep gaining rankings and I expect to be recognized as an Authority in my niche by 6 months. Which means great rankings more quickly for niche related material.
This month I will probably only hit 25 pages because of some work obligations but I set the same goal as previous months. If you want to get ahead faster then you need to put the time in so you will get there faster.
My Mental Whiteboard and How I do it
1.Go into Your Website Building knowing it will evolve and change and that is a good thing.
2. Always add content on your own site first.
3. You can't build a web business overnight but if you follow the training it will work.
4. Ask yourself how much time are you willing to give to build a residual income?
5. GO ALL IN and set goals
6. Network with those who came before you.
7. Celebrate your successes. 1st $, 1st 100 visit day, 1st Comment, 1st Email, 1st 500 visit day. Whatever it is celebrate it and those around you should be happy for your success because this is not easy but it is possible.
8. Don't Burnout, take time if you need it and I have 2 nights every week I reserve for myself. Thursday for pool league and Friday for WAbinars and after Wabby group Hangout.
9. Do Something Daily and have a routine. I recap yesterdays visits and check email in the morning, at midday I check email and brainstorm ideas for today's work assignments, after dinner I do research, KW research, and check email. Night After everyone is in bed I write and then Social Share the content I wrote and yes check email.
10. Reward yourself for a job well done!!! My reward is chatting at WA for completing my work so I'm usually only in WA late at night after I do my part time job first.
ADD Quality Content and always leave an out for your visitor like where they should visit next to continue for great related information. Try new things on different pages so you can understand what your visitor wants. Focus on building your customer potential through visits first. Go from niche to Authority.
If you have questions or would like to know more details about how I am accomplishing my goals at WA feel free to ask.
If you need help building traffic feel free to leave a URL and what you are struggling with.
It only works if you work it.