Wealth File 8 - Millionaires Mindset
(* Quote by Christian Larson)
Welcome to the summary of Wealth File Number 8
Here is a short introduction for those who’ve just joined my series:
I’m reading the book “Secrets of the Millionaire Mind” by T. Harv Eker. He has found out 17 ways of thinking and of taking action, which are essential if we want to get really successful and wealthy. He calls these ways of thinking “Wealth Files”. Throughout my journey to a Millionaires Mindset I’m sharing these Wealth Files with you.
Wealth File #8:
“Rich people are willing to promote themselves and their value.”
“Poor people think negatively about selling and promoting.”
Resenting promotion is one of the greatest obstacles to success.
There are several reasons why people have problem with promotion or sales, for example:
- You may have had a bad experience in the past with people promoting to you inappropriately. In this case it is important to recognize that this experience is in the past and that holding on to it may notserve you today.
- You may have had a disempowering experience when you tried to sell something to someone and that person totally rejected you. In this case, your distaste for promotion is a projection of your own fear of failure and rejection. Once again, realize the past does not equal the future.
- Your issue might come from parental programming. Many of us were told that self-praise is impolite. But when it comes to business and money, you have to tell about your value, about the value of your product and services.
Blow your own trumpet!
Rich people are usually leaders and great promoters.To be a leader, you must inherently have followers and supporters, which means that you have to be adept at selling, inspiring and motivating people to buy into your vision.
If you believe in your value, in your product/services, how could it be appropriate to hide it from people who need it?
If you believe that what you have to offer can truly assist people, it is your duty to let as many people as possible to know about it.
Millionaire Mind Actions:
- Rate the product of service you are offering (or are planning to offer) from 1 to 10 in terms of how much you believe in its value (1 being the lowest and 10 the highest).
- If your rating result in 7-9, revise your product or service to increase the value.
- If your result is 6 or below, stop offering that product or service immediately and start representing something you truly believe in.
- Read books, read articles, listen to successful people, take courses on marketing and sales. Become an expert in these fields and learn how to promote your value successfully and with integrity.
Speak out following Declaration loud and clear to yourself, to underline your intention:
“I promote my value to others with passion and enthusiasm.”
My own experiences:
I have experienced all of the three above mentioned cases about resentful feelings towards promotion and sales, which have affected and shaped me. Since I started to reshape my mind by reading and learning from successful people and even more since the time I joined WA, I have recognized that these negative feelings have been holding me back immensely. I have also recognized and learned to better let go of resentful feelings and not to harbour prejudices.There is still work to do, therefore I’m determined to work on my self development each and every day.
YOU CREATE YOUR SUCCESS, ONLY YOU, SO BE AWARE of your THOUGHTS and TAKE ACTION.
If you would like to start this journey from the beginning then click the following link:
Learn to think like a Millionaire
and your business will prosper!