Tips for Writing
It was Hemingway who said "There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed".
Writing is an important part of being a member at Wealthy Affiliate. It is obvious that writing for our blogs and websites helps give us visibility, thus increases the possibility of getting visitors to whatever we are promoting.
Then we have those days when we scratch our heads about what to write that might interest others. They even have a name for it 'writer's block".
I am certain that it is the same for some of you. What do we do then?
There are some simple tricks that I found useful at times like these.
- Reading other people's writing - Reading other people's blogs and Press Releases opens up a vault of ideas from which there are many topics that we can choose.
- Rereading your journal - If you keep a journal going through it and rereading some of your own thoughts and ideas will reveal topics that you can write about..
- Your notes - I keep lots of notes from training webinars and other things that I learn while working on my business. Hidden in those notes are many topics that can be used for a blog post or Press Release.
- Daily Experiences - Every day we have new experiences and many of these experiences are worth sharing. Many people enjoy reading about little anecdotes from other people's lives so share these stories.
- News items - Watching or reading the news is another great place to get ideas to write about.
Now all that is left for us to do is get busy and go to press.