Passion and Clarity
Last Update: Oct 11, 2016
Because I am such an incredibly passionate person with a huge number of hobbies and interests, I must admit, I am finding it incredibly difficult to focus. Without focus or direction I keep spreading my energy too thin.
I have shared a lot about this process here and at this point I am seeking ideas on how to focus. The funny thing is that I am sure I would know exactly what to say to one of my clients to help them find the answers within themselves.
For some reason I don't seem to be able to do that for myself at the moment lol. I am not stressed or worried about it. I have only been in the Wealthy Affiliate community for just over a month, so I have all the time in the world. At the same time, I would love to begin bringing my efforts into focus.
As for things I am interested in, things I have learned about or certifications I have attained, here is my list:
- Blogging: on my own blog and as a guest author
- Writing: I journal and do free writing daily and I have published 7 books (one self help book and 6 erotica titles)
- Yoga: I grew up with yoga integrated into my life. I became a children's yoga and creative movement teacher in my late teens
- Massage: I have training in Lomi Lomi, Thai and Swedish massage and have taught couple's massage
- Ecstatic Dance, Poi and Hula Hooping: I absolutely love moving my body to music in a safe, spiritual, drug and alcohol free space. I have lead ecstatic dance workshops for years
- Creative Visualization and Alternative Healing Modalities: I have taken literally hundreds of workshops, trainings and certification over the past 20 years or so.
- Retreats: I have hosted a variety of workshops and retreats for women and a few retreats focused on compassionate communication for couples
- Sacred Sexuality: I began studying sacred sexuality when I was around 16 years old. I continued to study a variety of related topics (Tantra, Kundalini yoga, Quodoshka Teachings, the Kama Sutra, OMing, and a variety of related focuses).
- Real Estate: I have always loved flipping houses. I recently completed all of the training, pre-requisites, background check and passed the real estate license exam and then decided it wasn't for me lol. So while I love flipping houses and I have one rental property, I am not a real estate agent.
- Micro Farming and Animals: As some of you already know, I just moved to an urban micro farm property (2 acres in town). I have chickens, dogs and cats and in the Spring we are getting a horse and some goats.
- Tiny Homes: I just recently purchased a tiny cabin that we are in the process of finishing. It came as a shell and we are insulating it, putting up drywall and I will do the interior design for it.
- Travel: There's no denying it, I have the soul of a gypsy. I have lived in Ontario, British Columbia, Arizona, Washington and Iowa. I have been to most of the states in the US and most of the provinces in Canada. I have not yet been out of North America, so that's next!
- Art: I have intentionally raised artists. I have four kids and 3 step kids and each of the kids I fully raised are artists. They have all out performed any skills I have (painting, sewing, pottery, DIY projects, etc.).
- Music: I am a music lover and I can play the djembe, Native American love flute and the Didgeridoo. I host drumming circles and always have a dj or musicians at my ecstatic dance class.
- Random Passions I Have Dabbled With: Horse back riding, paddle boarding, surfing, canoeing, kayaking, working with leather, jewelry making, fashion design, photography (As you can probably tell from my other posts and my Instagram account that I love taking photos), aerial silks..
I guarantee you I am forgetting something important but I thought it would be a good start to look at my list and begin narrowing it down. If I had to choose my top three favourite focuses, I would have to say blogging (which I honestly like better than writing for some reason), dance and travel or homesteading (or even the combination of homesteading on a daily basis and then traveling to experience change and culture).
My husband knows me well and says that if I try to narrow my focus down to one topic, I will feel stuck. One of the members here said I could possibly create a "What Joy Buys" niche site focused on my personal experiences of the world, writing blog posts about my most treasured purchases. I have also been considering helping other entrepreneurs and start ups create their sales funnels. This was another suggestion from my husband. He figured it would be diverse enough to keep me passionately entertained.
So there you have it; an introduction to the world of Joy. If an idea pops into your head please share. I do better with more rather than less. I went out today and got the supplies for my new vision board. I realize I am a bit all over the map at the moment but I plan on taking my time and choosing a direction that feeds my soul.
Thanks for reading my ramblings! I hope you are having a glorious Monday!
See more comments