Some great steps prior to writing a post or page
I have developed a system write great content with indepth detail. I will also show you a few extra steps I take to ease up content writing.
- Firstly I read briefly on Wikepedia
- Then I go search out my photos which gives me more inspiration.
- Then I watch some Youtube videos (sometimes I include one of these if I find it striking enough|)
- Then I google it and read a few articles to see if Wikepedia missed out on anything, it also gives me inspiration on how to put a more casual spin on the post as Wikepedia tends to be too formal.
- Then if I need a few extra pics to match new info I learned I do it.
But as I mentioned earlier, I take a few extra steps before writing.
- I first compress my images (make them load up faster for readers) for this I use tinypng.com
- Then its keyword research (possibly done much earlier).
- Then the images are titles and uploaded to my site.
- Then I do the first few lines of the post so I can do the SEO work. I make sure to add my keyword/phrase to this as well as the title. Sometimes on a page where it is not possible to add the keyword/phrase to the title (the page title needs to fit in with the menu structure) I add it to a H1 heading after my first paragraph or intro.
- Then it is the SEO work, I do all the meta stuff, adding my keywords appropriately. The keywords I enter into the box also get added as tags in posts.
- The featured image also gets titles with the keyword/ phrase. This also apllies for the alt-text
- Then I customize the URL slug so it features my keyword/ Phrase. (Warning: never do this after its published).
Then it is down to plain sailing through writing content and all the hard works is done.
I hope I help some of you guys out. Also if anyone sees any flaws in my methods fell free to point them out.