Operation Vegas: May Update - Bad News & Good News
Welcome to another update for my website!
In May, I had some bad news and some good news.
But we'll get to that in a bit.
For now, here's what I accomplished this month:
- Wrote 4 articles
- Posted 1 YouTube video
- Redesigned all of my YouTube thumbnails so that they're consistent
- 418 YouTube subscribers (up from 351 last month)
- My most-watched YouTube video has almost 18,000 views
- 285 email subscribers (up from 268 last month)
(NOTE: I also just noticed I have 300 posts on my website!)
I know I need to up my content. I have been so distracted by the news, and it's been a struggle, honestly.
School finishes on June 10, so that will free up a little more time. I know I need to do better than this.
Let's get into the stats, and I'll be able to explain the bad news and good news.
Traffic & Stats
Here's what April looked like:
April was so good!
Now here's May:
Not bad, but it's definitely not as good as April.
This was so awesome!
But, here's May:
So that's the bad news. My traffic dropped in May. Google can't just let me have good traffic for a long period of time, can they?
It's cool, Google. It's cool.
I'll try not to take it too personally.
The next section is the good news.
I actually had my best month yet in terms of referrals and sales. So, my traffic is down, but referrals and sales are up.
- January 2019 = 10, 0 Premium = $0
- February 2019 = 11, 0 Premium = $0
- March 2019 = 25, 0 Premium = $0
- April 2019 = 30, 2 Premiums = $39.50*
- May 2019 = 25, 3 Premiums = $47.50
- June 2019 = 37, 2 Premiums = $63.00
- July 2019 = 35, 3 Premiums = $118.00
- August 2019 = 24, 4 Premiums = $149.50
- September 2019 = 12, 2 Premiums = $157
- October 2019 = 32, 4 Premiums = $164.50
- November 2019 = 29, 4 Premiums = $149.50 (+1 Black Friday sale)
- December 2019 = 32, 2 Premiums = $157 (+ Black Friday sale payment = $282)
- January 2020 = 34, 4 Premiums = $220
- February 2020 = 17, 1 Premium = $219.50
- March = 29, 3 Premium = $235.50
- April = 32, 3 Premium = $212 + $24 Jaaxy commission
I also had a yearly sale in May, but that amount will show up in next month's report.
I also have 222 credits, and of those, I could exchange $78 worth, which is decent. I'm just building those up until the end of the year, and I'll apply them toward my yearly membership.
I also made a couple of sales on another program I promote, but I won't get paid on those sales for a bit.
Goals for June
I am starting to think of more things I can do with YouTube. I'm also trying out a video editor so that I can up my game there a bit.
I want to write at least 8 articles.
I also have my other websites that I've been planning to work on, but I just can't seem to focus on those ones at all. We'll see what happens with those this month, but my main focus will be on this website.
I also have ideas about getting my email list going. I know I'm slacking there big time.
Finally, I want to get Pinterest started again. I have ideas of how to get that done too.
I think June will be a great month. As long as I can stay off of Twitter and focus!! lol There's just way too much going on here at the moment.
Anyway, now it's your turn.
Tell me how your May was in the comments below!
Until next time...