10 Rules Of Success, For Now.
Last Update: Feb 9, 2021
Thirty-six (actually closer to forty now, my bad) and a half hours ago I sat down at my desk ready to start work on '10 Rules of Success, For Now', needless to say, I was somewhat remiss in my ability to see that one through.
Retrieving a couple of boxes turned into gutting one half of the room and sorting an unquantifiable amount of 'stuff' in the process.
Still, I'm here now and there will be no excuses this time around.
I quite often listen to YouTube videos whilst carrying out other work, my attempt at multi-tasking, you understand. For the most part, it can prove quite rewarding.
There are drawbacks though, as it's easy to get dragged away from what you are meant to be doing, if the secondary subject matter becomes captivating.
Anyway, as it turned out, yesterday was one of those times when I succumbed and ended up watching the video rather than doing whatever it was I was trying to do, this was after I had finished moving boxes.
Notepad and pen in hand I began taking notes of what I thought was a short video relaying someones 'rules for success'.
Unfortunately, I had obviously misread the title and it wasn't until I had reached rule number nine that I became aware of my error.
It wasn't ten rules, it was fifty. Now, any normal person would have just moved past this and made do with the ten but that option was not open to me.
I would explain but it would take too long and there are no guarantees that it would make any sense, let's just say there's something obsessive and possibly compulsive.
Enough of all that, let's get to the ten rules before it feels like fifty. I don't think they're in any particular order.
1) Practice success before you are successful. Self-esteem is the key to high performance
2) Know what you're passionate about. It's not work if you love what you do.
3) Surround yourself with great people who are both like-minded and better than yourself.
4) Perfection equals paralysis. Get comfortable making mistakes.
5) Focus on the few, not the many. Don't try to do too many things at the same time.
6) Believe ardently in what you do.
7) Constant organised stress. What gets measured gets accomplished. Keep people accountable, including yourself.
8) Just do it, take a swing. Be willing to sacrifice and make a commitment.
9) Always be extremely positive, get high on life, there's nothing quite like it.
10) Love yourself, be more selfish. Like what you see in the mirror.
Hard to believe that's there's another forty to try to adhere to, well, no one said it was going to be easy.
Before we adjourn, three questions to answer in light of the above.
Where do you need to raise your standards?
What 'good' habits do you need to cultivate?
Whose opinion of you do you need to let go?
This has been fun.
See more comments