Tips for Using the Live Chat Effectively
Last Update: September 04, 2012
Is Live Chat open to anyone?Yes it's open to all members whether you have joined up for the free 10 day trial or whether you have signed up to be a premium member.
Is the Live Chat just open to a special clique?No. It really is open to everyone. Of course some people know each other quite well simply because of the time they have spent using it. But everyone is welcome
I have an IM question that is really stupid - should I ask it?No questions about internet marketing are stupid and if you need to know something - never be afraid to ask. No one will laugh at you
If there's a conversation going on - can I interrupt?You cannot treat the Live Chat like a normal conversation and wait for someone to stop talking. If you need to ask a question you have to go ahead and ask it.
Why hasn't someone answered my question?There are several reasons why people may not have answered a question or may not have appeared to answer your question.
- There's no one about who can give you the right answer (sometimes happens over technical questions)
- Sometimes people get very cross and impatient and then write in a way that upsets other people. Although this doesn't happen a lot it can happen. If you don't ask questions in a polite way, you may not get a response.
- Sometimes people have answered your question but there are so many conversations going on - you have missed the reply. Check the full view if you think you may have missed a reply
How often is the Live Chat open?The Live Chat is available 24/7. However, there are times of the day when it may appear a little quieter because of the different time zones people live in.
There are a number of reasons why people don't use Live Chat
Why do some people not use Live Chat?
- Fear of appearing stupid
- Difficult in following multiple conversations
- Don't understand how to use it
- Don't appreciate the usefulness of it
- Don't want to dominate the chat by asking lots of questions.
Yes they do. Kyle or Carson or both use it nearly every day and are available to chat, help you out and answer questions. Their philosophy is that they are there to help, so don't be too shy to ask them.
Do the owners ever use the Live Chat?
Is there anything that I can't use the Live Chat for?
Yes, there are just a few rules about what you can't do in the Live Chat and these are explained on the following page