BOARDS: SETTING UP, CATEGORIZING & BOOSTING TRAFFIC
SETTING UP BOARDS
This is what I do: CATEGORIZING
- Create ONE Board for EACH of my websites.
- Create an Affiliate Marketing Board with all my Affiliate Marketing link photos.
- Create Boards with Affiliate Categories. For example, "Health" affiliates, "Make Money from Home" affiliates, "Weight Loss" affiliates, etc.
Some of mine are:
- Affiliate Marketing
- Crypto Currency
- Fast Cash
- Social Media
- Lose Weight
- Kid's Books
- TV / Radio Interviews
- B & N Book Signings
SO, HOW DO YOU DO THIS?
- Log in to your Pinterest Business Account.
- Go to your Profile page.
- Under your Page Description, you will see a list across the top. Click on "Boards."
- Another page will come up. Click the + (Create Board) sign to "add" a Board.
- Name your Board and Click "Create."
- Add Pins: Click the + (Create Pin), Name your Pin, Add Pin Description and Link.
- Repeat for all your Pins!
Now that you have your:
- Account Set Up and are "Pinterest Ready"
- Boards Set Up
- Some Pins Added to your Boards
..it's time to Follow some Members and join some Group Boards.
FINDING PEOPLE TO FOLLOW
The best way to do this is to:
- Click "Following" on the Main Feed page in the Top Bar. (Those you Follow will be listed here.)
- Type words related to your Niche/Affiliates in the Search.
- Click the + sign with the person icon. (Mouse Over: Click to Find New People)
- Follow people with the same interests and who have a ton of Followers.
WHAT IS A GROUP BOARD?
A Group Board is similar to those on FaceBook. They allow the user to use images and videos. A Group Board is like a regular Board. However, in Groups, the Owner can invite "Collaborators" to Pin there. Other Group Boards you have to join.
It seems to me that people are steering away from Group Boards somewhat. A great alternative is Tailwind Tribes. I will talk more about this later.
FOLLOWING GROUP BOARDS
The idea behind Group Boards is to gain more Pin exposure, thus leading to your website. Doing this also allows people to re-pin your Pins, broadening interest. You should join no more than 30 Group Boards a day to dramatically increase your traffic.