20 Days to 1000 Instagram Followers
Linking Instagram to Your Website or Blog
Step 10: Step 10 has a few steps.
You’ll notice that the photos you post on Instagram don't link directly to your website as rich pins on Pinterest do.
The only place where you can add a clickable link on Instagram is in your Profile.
When I started looking for ways to get around this, I found they cost way too much money. e.g. Later’s Linkinbio costs a minimum of $19 a month.
So I devised my own way to get around this irritation and it doesn’t cost me a cent.
Firstly, I realised that the titles of my articles were way too long for anyone to type in and they had all those pesky hyphens between each word. So...
- I uploaded the Free Pretty Link Plugin to both my sites.
- Just before I load a new article on Instagram (post 3 new images), I create a Pretty Link for the article.
- I delete the few letters the pretty link plugin automatically generates and replace them with...
- One word, if possible, that encapsulates what the article is about and will be really easy for someone to type in.
- Then I go to my Instagram profile and change the existing link (from previous article I posted) to this new link.
The great thing about Pretty Links is that you can customise them and they track how many clicks and unique clicks you have.
Fortunately, shortly after my first month on Instagram, I discovered a great way to add multiple links on Instagram and track how many clicks you get on them.
Linktree is totally FREE, sign up here: https://linktr.ee/
I still create pretty links for my articles. I use both these tools together now and it's a great system.
Click Next Page for discussion on To Automate or Not to Automate?