Linda S McRae, who is she? Accomplished Entrepreneur?
We all here at WA have an awesome community to stay in touch with and learn from. I was thinking since I have so many followers I would do an update on my success so far at WA. I joined on August 9, 2015, so I have celebrated the one year anniversary and am heading headstrong into the year 2017.
Let me see, what are my accomplishments thus far:
- I have 3 websites, one is my Priority site, the others get less attention, too busy! One thing I recommend to new members, try to stick with ONE site, then you have the time to make it the BEST site ever!
- I have gained referrals here at WA. Some have filled out their profiles, some have not. Some have upgraded to Premium, some have not!
- I have 6,584 followers here at WA.
- I have many personal friends, new and old.
- I have learned how to divide my time, and do tasks that are priority for that day.
- I try to get to my lessons daily, or every two days.
- I welcome our new Premium members daily.
- I take care of email, and find out who is following me daily and thank them.
- I review my notifications on WA, the green world button on upper toolbar.
- I follow new members, available on my profile.
- I always try to be helpful, I may not be the member who deserves the compliment of getting someone started in WA, but regardless I help everyone. It gives me such satisfaction to be able to help someone with what I have learned here at WA.
My newest project was changing the domain of my main website, so I have to try and get ranked again. It is going amazingly fast. I HAD a website with the name “Wealthy Affiliate” in it. We all know how GREAT the name is, but some shy away from the name thinking it is one of those scammy guru sites. It is their choice what they think, but I have had discussions with new members about just this topic. The name Wealthy Affiliate, does not explain what we are. We don’t advertise to give you extreme wealth in affiliate marketing, we actually base our characters on helping others. We “Pay It Forward”, we are a very appreciative bunch here at WA. Our posts are aimed at giving someone a benefit, we write for what our readers are looking for, give them the help they search for.
One of the main things I learned in the last few months is to always check your content, if you use services that freelance on the internet, always use Copyscape, or your choice of plagiarism platform to check it to be original. Don’t get too busy to check and just trust the author and post the content on your site. You would be surprised at how many sites have duplicate content on them. I found out that I had one post that was a definite duplication of someone else’s work. I was horrified, because I base myself on honesty and trust. I try to be a good entrepreneur and make my own way, not copy others, how can I be proud of myself if I gain from someone else’s work? I learned to either never outsource my work, or if I do, check, check, check it to be original! We are never too busy to risk our reputation. This error was corrected and it will never happen again to me, so I am putting out this warning.
A question that I have is where all of the older members keep themselves? There are some members that have had some exceptional success, I don’t know about you, but I love to share in that success! Their posts are so inspirational, and really get individuals motivated! I know I have sent PM to a couple of them and have never heard back from them. I am smart enough to know when your business gets really big, you naturally become busier, and don’t have time for everything. Can I help that I miss them? I guess what I am trying to say is don’t forget your followers, try to keep in touch as often as possible.
I guess the main things that I am thankful for, are my family, my friends, and the opportunity to work from home and make an income. I love this community and the hard-working founders, they make this the most respected platform in the reviews I have ever saw. Kudos to Jay, he is so awesome and trains us, teaches us how to build our business by videos, and have you noticed, he never forgets to smile! Hey, didn’t Kyle do a wonderful job doing his first live training, a webinar? It is a special feeling to share this time, and history in WA, with one of our founders.Way to Go Kyle!
My plans for the next 3-6 months are to create content that is helpful and learn, do my training, watch videos, attend Friday training webinars, oh, and try to make a video (maybe, if I get brave enough!), KEEP on doing what we do. I have read so many blogs lately that mention, Dory! This is a very relatable topic for me, it is a joke in our home, between my husband and I, I am not working, I just keep swimming. We all know that Dory says, "When life gets you down, you know what you got to do? You just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." I even have a plastic Dory on my desk!
All the Best to All of You!