Attention Small & Local Business Owners - An Introduction to Wealthy Affiliate
Hi, I'm really pleased to see you made it here.
I completely understand how overwhelming it can all seem when you first arrive here at WA.
With that in mind, I just wanted to give you a quick introduction to SiteRubix and Wealthy Affiliate and explain why it's my recommended training platform for small and local business owners going at it alone.
There's a lot of information to take in but don't worry, you can refer back to this quick start guide at any time by visiting your profile, you'll find the link within your very first welcome message from me.
It's NOT just for affiliate marketers
You'd be forgiven for thinking that the Wealthy Affiliate is only about helping people who are looking to start an online business selling other people's products for a percentage of the sale (affiliate marketing).
And at one time you'd have been correct, but here we are today and it's grown into something much bigger than that.
By following what's taught here, you can apply the exact same training to build a website and learn how to promote you existing business and sell your products or services on a local, national, or global scale.
Here's some of what's covered and how you can apply it to your business;
- Choose a topic to build your website around ( your niche) - If you have an existing business then you already know it but by following the tutorials, you'll learn how to properly target your audience online.
- Build a website (through SiteRubix)
- Write pages of content for your site.
- Understanding how people search for your products or services online.
- Show you exactly how to promote your new business website on the internet.
- How to monetize your website (this can be with your own products or services instead of other peoples).
- Convert visitors into customers (this could be a phone call, filling out a quotation form, purchase a product, visit your business etc).
My quick start guide
- Businesses that are not tied to a physical location
If you have an online, offline, home-based, or any other type of business that involves selling products (digital or physical) or services online nationally or globally, simply follow the link below to the Getting started training and get stuck in!
- Local service or brick and mortar type businesses;
1. Click the link below and complete the Level 1 of the "Getting started certification course".
This will show you exactly how to build your site, set it up, and write your initial pages of content. More than enough to get you off to a flying start and your free business site live on the internet.
2. Work your way through the remaining four levels of the training ( premium members and completely optional)
At the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of how the online marketing process works.
3.At this point, I recommend diving into the local marketing classroom (premium members and again, completely optional).
You see as a local business owner, you'll need to follow a slightly different path from here on in, to get your website to show up in the search engine results so people in your area can find you when searching for a locally based business.
Here's what's covered in the local marketing classroom;
- Introduction, elements that'll help your site show up in the local search results.
- How people search for local businesses.
- The perfect local business website.
- A blueprint to getting your business to show up in Google.
- Using online business directories.
- The importance of customer reviews and how to get them.
I've compiled a resource (link below) of the best local marketing training here at WA that will walk you through the process step-by-step.
For all businesses
Finding the right theme website theme (template).
I know how tough it can be to find that perfect template that meets your business needs, I've changed mine so many times I've actually lost count!
Here's a link to a post with a collection of my favourite business themes and how to find free and paid themes for yourself.
How to create a static home page rather than a blogroll
When you've gone through the level 1 training, you may find that your website looks more like a blog than a business website depending on your chosen website theme.
Fear not, I've included a link below that'll show you how to quickly and easily change it to a static page where you'll be able to tell your potential customers all about your business.
(This will make more sense once you've actually built your site).
I'm here to help
I hope you can see now why Wealthy Affiliate is my recommended website building and training platform.You have everything you need to build a website and get your business found online right here under one roof.
If you have any questions or need a hand with anything then just let me know, the quickest way is probably to leave a comment at the bottom of this page or on my profile https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/leeraybould
I'll get back to you as soon as I possibly can.