Fail, With Enthusiasm. Success Will Follow.
I don't love "quoting" others, just never been a fan of it. The reason is that I see too many people making "inspirational" quotes and memes without offering any useful information or opinion.
Thus I am going to put my own spin on what I feel is one of the most famous quotes on failure, which for those of you that are new to business, is an important and very much REQUIRED element of running a business (and this holds true for the offline world, as well as the online world...same thing).
Winston Churchill once made the following statement.
"Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm."
For some, this may be a little cliche. If you have reached any level of success in business, you will see this much more than a cliche, rather a truism to running a business.
I have been in the affiliate marketing and online business world for 17 years full time now. I can tell you from personal experiences, and from a great deal of personal failure in business, that this statement is at it's core what has led me to success.
I fail, regularly. I have failed today, yesterday, and the day before. In fact, the business that I feel Carson and I are operating, or any business I have operated prior to Wealthy Affiliate has been one big collection of failures.
In all reality, if you look hard inwards at your business and activities, you will see all sorts of failures. Just a few examples here, to give you some perspective as to what I am talking about.
- Perhaps you are not getting any traffic. That is a failure.
- Perhaps you are not good a building website, that is a failure.
- Perhaps you cannot write a 1,000 word article in under an hour, and that is a failure. (just as an aside, I am 7 minutes into writing this article and at 340 words).
- Perhaps you published a post that didn't rank right away?
- Perhaps you lost some rankings with Google's latest "core" algorithm update.
- Perhaps you don't create enough content.
- Perhaps the content you create isn't as good as it could be.
- Perhaps you get traffic, but don't convert as well as you like.
- Maybe you suck at creating graphics.
- Perhaps you don't know enough about a particular topic.
- Perhaps you feel like you don't know anything about creatinga business.
- The list could go on forever
To some, these may be completely demotivating...maybe to the point of making you want to "give up" in your journey to building a business. To others, these so called failures are dealt with in an enthusiastic manner. The realization that any one of these things can either be completely overcome or improved upon is an exciting proposition to those that have a successful mindset and approach to business.
Not a single one of these things are unattainable. If you don't know how this business works, learn it. You have a plethora of education here at WA. If you don't know how to write content for your website, then WRITE. That is how you get better. If you don't convert well, then make some adjustments to your conversion process and content on your website to convert better.
With every failure, come up with a resolve. This can be the case for anything in life. If you are struggling in a relationship, if you are struggling to get in shape, treat those as mere temporary failures. Approach these failures with enthusiasm and the idea that they are temporary stepping stones and building blocks for your success.
Guess what will happen if you do this? You will achieve success. That is the reality.
Those that approach any failure in life, in business, as a "end" to your progress, will never achieve success. Those that approach these with excitement and enthusiasm knowing that they are in the process of figuring something new out, are those that are going to be vastly successful.
Just a few thoughts I have on failure...from experience.
See more comments