Posts by JeffDolson 25
January 27, 2017
I was just released from the hospital yesterday, had emergency gall bladder removal surgery. My daughter was admitted to the hospital with a DVT (Deep Vein Thromboses) blood clot a couple of days ago so I'll be in and out of WA for the next week or two. I apologize to those folks I have not and will probably not be able to respond to over the last week. I usually bring my computer to the hospital but was in the twilight zone, due to pain killers, most of the time during my visit. Talk to you l
50 comments
January 15, 2017
It took a while but I found a definition of journey that represents what we all are going through here at WA. Most definitions referred to a physical trip from point A to point B. Here's an alternative definition from Webster's Online Dictionary:"A passage through life, or a passage through any significant experience, or from one state to another"The way I like to envision this passage is a straight line starting at birth and ending at death. This is your timeline. Parallel lines above the time
38 comments
January 04, 2017
Before I begin with my goals for 2017, I would like to review what resolution means:Resolution - a firm decision to do or not to do somethingLike so many of my friends here at WA I am making a firm decision to accomplish the following tasks this year:Loose more than 25 poundsExercise more oftenSpend more time with my grandsonMaintain a WA ranking in the top 100Add 7 to 10,000 more WA followersBlog at least once per week at WABlog one to three times a week on my site, as per Michael's (Ultimatel
40 comments
Welcome back. We covered 2 categories in part 5. Adding to the previous categories already analyzed:3+ pages without pics; percent of total blog daily average - 1%3+ pages of poetry with pics; percent of total blog daily average - 1%<1 page with pics; percent of total blog daily average - 2%3+ pages with pics; percent of total blog daily average - 3%1 page with pics; percent of total blog daily average - 9%2 pages without pics; precent of total blog daily average - 9%2 pages with pics; perce
21 comments
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in my network whom took the time to follow me on this wonderful journey. As you have probably noticed by now I am not a writer, you will see one and on rare occasions 2 blogs per week. I try to stay consistent with the subject matter in these blogs by either sharing something relevant when I was working full time that you may be able to use here or a metric or two about WA :D. Once again thank you for your loyalty.Merry Christmas and Happy New
98 comments
Welcome back. We covered 3 categories in part 4. Adding to the previous categories already analyzed:3+ pages without pics; percent of total blog daily average - 1%3+ pages of poetry with pics; percent of total blog daily average - 1%<1 page with pics; percent of total blog daily average - 2%3+ pages with pics; percent of total blog daily average - 3%1 page with pics; percent of total blog daily average - 9%2 pages without pics; precent of total blog daily average - 9%2 pages with pics; perce
28 comments
Welcome back. We covered 2 categories in part 3. Adding to the previous categories already analyzed:3+ pages without pics; percent of total blog daily average - 1%3+ pages of poetry with pics; percent of total blog daily average - 1%<1 page with pics; percent of total blog daily average - 2%3+ pages with pics; percent of total blog daily average - 3%1 page with pics; percent of total blog daily average - 9%If anyone has questions on the metrics listed below do not hesitate to leave a commen
24 comments
Welcome back. We covered 3 categories in part 2.3+ pages without pics; percent of total blog daily average - 1%3+ pages of poetry with pics; percent of total blog daily average - 1%<1 page with pics; percent of total blog daily average - 2%If anyone has questions on the metrics listed below do not hesitate to leave a comment. Numbers may not aggregate properly due to rounding. All averages are over 7 days. n/a is less than 1%.The two WA blog type categories that were
25 comments
Welcome back. Before I forget I would like to thank Michael (Ultimateless) for his valuable input in breaking down the results into manageable sections for presentation and digestion. In part 1 I mentioned I had 13 categories to evaluate, as it turn out that number is 10. A couple categories were eliminated due to very low volume - <1% of the total and another was merged into one of the 10 categories. If you are interested in these 3 categories let me know and I'll share this info with you.
21 comments
November 27, 2016
According to Wikipedia - "Competition is, in general, a contest or rivalry between two or more organisms, animals, individuals, economic groups or social groups, etc., for territory, a niche, for resources, goods, for mates, for prestige, recognition, for awards, for group or social status, or for leadership and profit. It arises whenever at least two parties strive for a goal which cannot be shared, where one's gain is the other's loss (a zero-sum game)."Do we have competition here at WA? Yes
68 comments