Note to self (Review writing reminders)
I just watched, again, Creating Thoughtful, Insightful Reviews and in the process created a small list of things to make sure I do when creating review content.
Thought it may help some here.
It's not fancy...
You'll want your reviews to tie into the overall theme of your site!
At the top of your reviews you'll ALSO want to include:
- Target Search Term (Whatever term you use in the title of your post) always within the first couple of paragraph of your post.
- Always give people a "Break-down" (this helps because people are visual in nature and want a high level yet comprehensive overview of what the product or service is).
- Note to self; Kyle has laid out the Overview and Rankings like a contents directory; section by section, what each cover; E.g, Training (if that's first), Support (next) and so on.
- He also uses that (Overview and Rankings) as a format for all reviews on his website, bringing consistency to the website.
All posts should be consistent in terms of layout.
Foreshadow what you want to talk about.
- By first going through and creating sections with Captivating headlines
- Then foreshadow what you want to talk about in each section using -(Dashes) and a word or two to signal what you want to say. The point to this is; to give direction and plan to your review content.
- Break down the section into far smaller bits of what you want to talk about.
- Remember with everything you write you want to encourage engagement and comments.
- Don't forget an overview of the product you're reviewing. Be consistent when you format this.
- Remember, a review never has to be final. You can always improve upon a review as you build it out and you most certainly will be updating your Wealthy Affiliate Review over time as the platform/training/community here evolves and improves very quickly with new platforms/training/technology being rolled out all the time.
Don't forget to summarize your reviews
- Don't forget to ask for and encourage engagement through comments/feedback.
- Example: If you have any questions about_________or you want to leave your feedback, please do so and we will be happy to help you out. (Or something similar).
Don't forget you can use arrows when creating call to action links. As demo'd in the video.