Day 23 - Learn How to Build a Website Yourself in WordPress 2017
Hey there and a Big Welcome to Day 23 of Learn How to Build a Website Yourself in WordPress 2017 – let’s keep moving on!
In order to see any of the previous day’s posts – check out My Posts blog roll on the bottom right hand side.
A recap on what I did yesterday – Day 22:
· Talked about the benefits of building an Authority Site
The Start of my New Project – Boringly called Website 2
Now that I’ve done extensive research into the logistics of my new site…
It’s time to get this show on the road…
As I’ve said previously, I’m going step by step with building my new site AND following through with my “Learn How to Build a Website Yourself in WordPress 2017” posts starting from Day 1:
As you will probably already know I’ve already researched my keywords in Day 20:
And it’s all very exciting in regard, to not only the volumes of my keyword searches, but, also the low competition of my keywords!
As set out in Day 1:
· I’ve already Researched my Niche & Keywords and my main keywords are kept within the WA Keyword Tool parameters.
· My researched list of keywords to write posts about is already up to 30 posts and I have 6 categories so far
· As far as an affiliate program, I’m going with Amazon again at this point. I haven’t been able to find another affiliate program that has the same ‘clout’ as Amazon.
· With Amazon, even for myself with purchasing from them AND I live in New Zealand: their payment systems are secure, they have real customer reviews, the products I purchased have been received in a timely manner and well packaged. I’ve actually never had to contact their support, but from reviews online, it sounds like they’ve got that covered too.
· Even though I’m not getting a great affiliate percentage in promoting through Amazon, it’s not really about that! I want my customers to get the best purchasing experience possible, and I believe Amazon does that brilliantly – THAT makes me happy!
· I love going to the movies. If I had a dollar for every time one of my friends or family took me up on a movie recommendation and thanked me for it, I’d be able to go to the movies for free for the rest of the year!
· That’s who I aim to be in my online marketing, the friend who gives them an honest recommendation – because I’ve done the research for them – AND if I wanted to buy what they’re looking at buying – THIS is the one I would choose!
· That’s who I believe we are in our promoting, we’re the person that makes it easy for them to make that buying decision because we’ve done all the work for them.
· You’ve taken away all the objections and they really only have one choice AND that choice is your recommendation!
· I feel that way in my marketing, if you put your customer first in everything that you do online, you come out better in the end, as I’m sure that shines through in your marketing. Your visitors ‘get it’ if you’re being too pushy rather than promoting with THEIR NEEDS in mind
· I also aim to write all of my pages and posts conversationally, as if I’m talking to my best friend. I replace ‘I have’ with I’ve – I replace ‘I am’ with I’m - I replace ‘they are’ with they’re – I replace ‘that is’ with that’s – I’m sure you get my drift! If you keep it in a conversational manner I think your visitors will relax more when they get to your site as I really do feel they know when they’re being promoted to.
· You’re not marketing TO your visitors , you’re creating content with them in mind and making sure they get the best experience from you, from the product you’re promoting AND the place you’re sending them to make that purchase
Ok, I’m going to jump off my high horse now…
I just wanted to let you know that I’ve done that ‘other’ marketing before, when I first started out and I didn't really know what I was doing!
The type of marketing where you're promoting for the sake of promoting… basically just for the affiliate commission…
Now, I’ve been around the block with affiliate marketing, I really want to make sure that what I’m recommending is what I would buy myself – and I think it makes a huge difference when you start putting your posts together because you’re excited about the post you’re creating and it flows a lot easier. I reckon my posts are easier to write as well!
I’m going to leave it there for today, I can see I’ve got a lot of work to do and I’m really excited to finally put this website together, rather than just researching and talking about it…
Here’s to you having an absolutely ripper of a day… I’ll see you tomorrow as
Tomorrow we’ll be on Day 24 of Learn how to build a website yourself in WordPress in 2017 where I’ll finally be purchasing a domain name and really ramping things up!
Thanks so much for coming along, and again, you’re most welcome to leave a comment or ask a question below if you wish to do so, thanks and …