What happened in the 8 months I didn't show up in WA
I joined WA more than a year ago and I am very grateful to have done this step which has opened many possibilities to me. Today I want to tell you a little about my journey here.
First I engaged fully in the community while learning to handle Wordpress websites. This actually was the primary reason to come here, because I had a disappointing experience with virtual assistants and so I had decided that I have to learn myself how to do these things.
I quickly climbed up the rank, around Christmas I was at 27 or so, and it was at that time that I decided to now, finally, go and get my work done with my websites. I have several of them, tight to different topics, and so I had the possibility to transfer what I was learning from one to the other. But I had to decide to free time for that and I knew that the 3-4 hours I spent in the WA community would need to be sacrificed to get my projects done.
So since January I hardly show up here anymore. I observed my rank fall with a smile, because I knew that nothing, really, depends on that. But I actually missed the close exchange with many people I felt friends with here in the platform.
If you are on of those I met, be sure that I haven't forgotten you and I hope that in the meantime, you have gone ahead well, too.
I have many major successes to tell you about, not so much in terms of earned money, but in earned competence.
- My live broadcasting website (TheWisdomFactory) has expanded a lot and people can watch and comment live on the website while we are streaming.
- My-cat website has become the place where I collect my memories of the animals I have lived with and also inspires me to write about the relationship and similarities of humans and animals, what we can learn from them, as well as documenting vet visits.
- I have learned to edit videos, translate what is spoken in Italian into English and get some educational material out that way. The last post in the my-cat website has 2 short videos where the vet is examining the cat and explaining the x-rays. It might be interesting for someone, I am sure.
- I am still reconstructing my very first website, which was rather complex and had crashed while transferring here - then I didn't know yet about making backups etc. yet and it was the price I payed . I lost a lot of content and I am slowly recreating it - or transferring people to my other websites
- I have 90% finished my ParadisoIntegrale website, which refers to my Non-Profit, for which I have asked free advertising from Google. I hope I will get it, pray with me! In the image above you can see our Paradise (which is still an olive farm) in the middle of the Umbrian hills in Italy!
- I have begun to learn coding and so I don't feel completely helpless anymore, when I meet these strange hieroglyphs which sort of frightened me before. Now I recognise already what they are about and I can make minor changes, but I am not yet able to write code myself and insert it - for fear to mess up everything.
- I have conversed a lot with the support team of WA - a big shout out for them - and also of my themes, and, again, I have learned a lot and am able to do many things myself now which, before, seemed impossible to me.
- I have learned quite well to handle my major theme, which I have on 4 websites and which is rather complex but gives a lot of possibilities, and I feel ready to help people with creating a website with this theme.
- BIGGEST SUCCESS: I have my first client for which I build a website with that theme.
Let's open a bottle of Champaign together and drink on the time here in WA!
And, friends, as you can imagine, you won't see me a lot, again, here on the platform. But if you have questions where I can help, please contact me!