Finally - Progress
I’ve been stuck in one place for quite a while. One of the issues I had been having is that my theme did not match with the training. (Basic stuff, right!) Whenever the training said to do something, I couldn’t find those same features in my theme.The Blame Game
I blamed myself
- It was beyond my level of comprehension.
- This technical stuff is not for me
I blamed WA
- The training was wrong
- It is outdated and needs to be updated
I blamed the Theme
- It wasn’t current
- It just did not have the right features
Well, I knew my intelligence wasn’t the problem. I have confidence in my ability to learn new things. I knew WA wasn’t the problem. Just look at all the success stories. Therefore, the issue had to be with my theme. However, I was so hesitant to change it. There are so many! I already made one bad decision. I was afraid I would lose whatever I already had on my site.Never Give Up
However, I was persistent. I did a search for trainings on themes….and it finally clicked. I am sorry I cannot recall which training I was viewing but I just did what it said about using the filters. That narrowed down my choices. I saw one I liked – it looked clean and simple. I bit the bullet, hit the activate button, and it has changed everything for me. I was able to add the feature images, add a custom header, add widgets, and resume the training. Everything just looked like something I was willing to share. (The link is on my profile page) I still have to add a lot of content..what is there is pretty old. However, I am really excited to do just that….all with a new focus.
I just want to encourage all the newbies not to delay in reworking your initial attempts. Whether it’s your goals, your themes, or your niches. If something is not working, find the solution. If you have tried once or twice, try a third time. I had watched the trainings and read the discussions on themes many times. It just did not click until now.So Impressed with SiteSupport
I just want to give a shout-out to SiteSupport. I was having a minor issue deleting a test, siterubix website that I had created. I had gone through all the steps but it just wasn’t working. So, I submitted a ticket….late on a Sunday afternoon. Within seconds, the request was acknowledged and in another few seconds, the issue was resolved. ON A SUNDAY….that was impressive. Just validated my belief that WA is the real deal.
So…I am going to spend this week creating content…and I can’t wait!
We Can Do This Together!