I Drink And I Know Things
If you haven't found your niche yet.
You may consider Game Of Thrones as one, let's dive in deeper and see what's make GOT a good niche.
A Huge Fan Base
For 10 persons, there are probably 3 who watch the TV Show, I don't have the hard number, this is just speculation.
What make GOT watchers different from other TV Shows is they're FAN, as a fan they're willing to spend money on GOT related products.
I know because I'm one of them.
If you do a search on Amazon US, there're 20 000 results for GOT. 20 000 it's a consequent number, however, it's not a big number on Amazon term. It can become bigger, a lot bigger.
Plenty of Ideas for Great Contents
- The Universe - G.R. R Martin has created an amazing universe where zombies like White Walkers controlled by the Knight King, Dany and her Dragons meet Resurrected Men and in the middle of all that crazy events, you have a very clever Imp whose only joy is to drink and to bed.
- The Characters - From Arya to Tyrion, you will have enough ideas to create interesting contents for months, even years to come.
- The Story - What make GOT so successful and unique, it's the story. You never know where the story line will bring you, surprises are everywhere. One particular thing I love, G.R. R Martin and the show runners are brilliants, they know how to manipulate its audience and this is so exciting.
- The Music are also a delight for your ears.
It's Time Proof
Game Of Thrones will come to an end next year after HBO will release the last season, the 8 on probably June 2019.
The end of GOT doesn't mean the end of GOT.
Next year HBO will start filming another show based on Game Of Thrones, a Spin Off. It will be a prequel where we will learn more about the origin of the Targaryen and their dragons, probably how the Night King was created and I believe many and many other interesting Lores.
We also shouldn't forget that G.R. R Martin hasn't finish his last book on GOT yet.
He will also publish many books based on GOT universe.
It's Not Oversaturated
There are plenty of videos and websites on Game Of Thrones.
However, very good channels on YouTube, you probably have 5 and I believe it's the same case for website.
People are just trying to surf on the trend, with this kind of situation, it's a mess. GOT fans are among the smartest one, they spot easily the good contents from the bad ones.
Not a lot of websites are specialized on reviewing GOT related products, there are a lot of opportunities there.
It's not a surprise I've chosen GOT as a niche, I even already secured the Domain Name few months ago:
I also intend to design T-Shirt and other DIY products about the show, however, I'm very conscious, I can only use few materials from the show if I don't want to infringe their copyright.
I hope you will have a better idea on how to choose your niche after reading this short post.
What's important for me when I choose a niche:
- It doesn't need to be a passion, however, it should be interesting enough for me to do some researches.
- It should be broad enough with a sufficient audience and merchandising that I can monetize. Don't forget a passion is good, yet, a passion that can bring in some cash is even better.
Passion + Money = An Excellent Cocktail
- It shouldn't be trendy, a trend never last long.
You don't want to spend time and energy on something then to realize it's already outdated.
- It should have a lot of materials you can work on.
It will be easier for you to create contents, you're not reinventing the wheel. If you spend weeks or months to write captivating contents, your readers are already somewhere else.
Why So Serious?
OK, let's have some fun and play a prediction game.
If you're a fan of the show, you probably know, a lot of persons are speculating about the ending of GOT.
So who will beat the Knight King?
I believe John, Dany, her dragons and other characters will fiercely fight the Night King and his army of the dead.
However, a Youtuber going by the name of Gray Area made a very interesting video on Bran and how he can beat the Night King by going back in the past.
It makes sense for me, Bran is very powerful, even he's very young.
Other fans also discuss about the idea how John Snow will beat the Night King, however, he has to sacrifice himself and become the Night King himself after beating him.
In my opinion John will help Bran beat the Night King, however, Bran will take the place of the actual Night King, only him has the power to control other persons with his mind.
Who will sit on the Throne?
Perhaps Dany, because she dreamed of it before. The people behind this amazing show never filmed a scene just for the pleasure of filming, it's always has a meaning.
It could also mean she will die, as the throne was cover in ashes when she dreamed of it.
So the one who will sit on the throne will be Tyrion and it makes sense. He's smart, brave when it's necessary and he loves to drink, all king like to drink, no?
I can talk about this show for hours, it's the best show ever created, it's just brilliant. The final season, the 8 will be amazing, the prequel is in good hand.
There are so many contents I want to create around the show and its merchandising, can't wait to start and you should think about it as well. It's a niche with a lot of potentials.
This is just my opinion though.
If you have a any idea on how the show will end or just want to talk about the show, let's have a discussion.