A Step-by-Step Guide to Using ChatGPT to Create HTML Landing Page
(cover image: three different styles and colors of robots)
To some of us, HTML coding can be daunting. HTML knowledge was necessary for website design and development when the Internet began. However, as time has passed, we only remember some of them.
While designing landing pages without HTML is possible by doing it directly in the WordPress block editor. That is the best way., However, ChatGPT can benefit those seeking a quick and straightforward approach. It can assist in streamlining workflow and generating ideas for the desired look of your landing page.
With the addition of ChatGPT, completing tasks will become much more efficient. In this post, I will share the benefits and the steps in working with ChatGPT prompts. I did not take any images because I dont want people copying my landing page. I created them unique and different. I will only share the prompts this time.
The Benefits of Using ChatGPT for Creating a Landing Page
Using ChatGPT when designing a landing page can have a significant impact. This cutting-edge AI tool offers various advantages that simplify the coding process in HTML and improve your overall web development journey.
Benefits of Using ChatGPT Features:
- Ability to Generate HTML Code Snippets: Your prompt engineering describes the elements and layout you want for your landing page, and ChatGPT creates the necessary code for you. This eliminates the need for manual coding.
- Helpful Collaborator: ChatGPT's understanding of context makes it feel like working alongside a web developer. It offers suggestions on layout design, best practices for responsive web design, and even tips on landing page search engine optimization.
- Efficient Troubleshooting: You can describe any errors or issues you encounter with your HTML code to ChatGPT. It can help pinpoint possible solutions or identify problematic areas.
- Customizable Content: When creating multiple landing page versions for A/B testing or targeting different audiences, ChatGPT can generate unique and personalized content for your landing page.
- Improved User Experience: Using ChatGPT, you can create a more user-friendly and visually appealing landing page. With clean and organized HTML code, visitors will have a better browsing experience so that they will stay on your site longer.
Utilizing ChatGPT for landing page creation presents many advantages, including time and resource efficiency, enhanced user experience, customizable content options, troubleshooting aids, and continual learning opportunities.
Step 1: Planning Your Landing Page Design
- Identify your goal: Planning your landing page design starts with defining your main goal. Is it to generate leads, promote a product or service, or gather user information?
- Know your target audience: Understanding your target audience before designing your landing page will help you determine what message and design elements will resonate with them.
- Research successful landing pages: You can get some ideas for your landing pages by researching and analyzing successful landing pages in your industry.
- Use a WireFrame Template: You can buy a wireframe template instead of using HTML code to make one. You can also create an HTML code wireframe. There are many tutorials available on YouTube about how to do that.
- Define your key message: Make sure your landing page conveys the value of whatever you offer clearly and concisely.
You want your visitors to understand your landing page quickly without feeling overwhelmed or confused, so please ensure your design prioritizes simplicity and ease of navigation. You can provide an appealing and user-friendly landing page by carefully planning your structure before requesting ChatGPT assistance.
Step 2: Start Planning Your Landing Page Structure
As soon as you have planned your landing page design, you will look at creating a simple landing page that has a structure. The order does not matter. You can choose which layout you want.
You start with the prompt following a simple landing page structure.
- Navigation Menu: Links to Home, About Us, Services, and Contact Us sections of the landing page
- Hero Header with Images: Keywords related to your business (e.g., "innovative," "high-quality," "affordable") in the header.
- How it Works: How your business works (e.g., "Step 1: Sign up," "Step 2: We'll assess your needs," "Step 3: Deliver results")
- Features: Include three essential features of your company or product (e.g., "24/7 customer support," "customizable options," "free test drive")
- Services: Your business's services or products (e.g., "Web design," "Digital marketing," "Graphic design")
- Testimonials: Quotes from satisfied customers or clients
- Call to Action: The button or link should encourage visitors to take action, such as "Sign up now" or "Contact us."
- FAQ: List of frequently asked questions about your business or product, along with brief answers
- Footer: Includes contact information, social media links, and any essential disclaimers or legal information.
Next, use ChatGPT Prompts to generate the necessary code for your desired elements, such as headers, paragraphs, images, buttons, forms, etc. Describe what you want each piece to look like and how it should function. The model will provide relevant HTML tags and attributes based on your inputs.
Step 3: Prompts to use with ChatGPT Assistance
You will start implementing HTML coding prompts with ChatGPT for the page structure you want your landing page to look like. To help with the coding process, you can use ChatGPT to generate HTML code for each section based on the prompts you provide.
You can use a simple one for affiliate marketing products. You can find many different prompts for landing pages on YouTube. They provide tutorials.
1, Headlines & Subheadlines: I want an attention-grabbing headline and sub-headline. This is for a [insert where the headline is going]. My product/service is called [insert name of product or service]
2. P.A.S. - Problem, Agitate, Solution Framework - I am a [insert business]. Write a [type of page] using the problem, agitate, and solution model.
3. Call to action - Write short and attention-grabbing calls to action for my product X that does Y
4. Tone of voice: What tone of voice would appeal to my target audience of [age] [gender] [problem they want to be solved]
5. Testimonials or Objections: “What are testimonials that someone bought from me or common objections when purchasing X product/service that does Y. Explain how to overcome those specific objections and encourage someone to buy.”
Mine is different. I use this layout for my landing page promoting Wealthy Affiliate.
1. ChatGPT prompt: Hero Header with Images:
What is the headline or tagline for your business?
Please provide some keywords related to your business/industry. Buttons on Hero, Color
- Welcome to XYZ Company
- Innovative, high-quality, affordable
2. ChatGPT prompt: How it Works: Please provide three points about how your business works or provides value.
- Step 1: Sign up
- Step 2: We'll assess your needs
- Step 3: Deliver results
3. ChatGPT prompt: Testimonials Section:
- Do you have any positive reviews from satisfied customers? If so, please provide them.
- "I am pleased with the website design services provided by XYZ Company. They understood my brand and delivered a beautiful website that exceeded my expectations." - John Smith, CEO of ABC Company
- "Thanks to XYZ Company's social media management, our online presence has significantly improved. Our engagement and sales have increased as a result." - Jane Doe, Marketing Manager at DEF Corporation
4, ChatGPT Prompt: Calls to Action: Sign up with the blue button #000FF
5.ChatGPT Prompt: FAQ I write a complete FAQ with answers
ChatGPT provides the framework for creating your page. Before you insert any suggested snippets into your HTML file, it is vital that you carefully review and make adjustments as needed to ensure proper coding practices are correct and the design looks okay.
Continuously monitoring and adjusting your landing page is very important for its success. You can use A/B testing to try various components and determine what resonates with your target audience. You can just take the time and energy to craft a visually captivating, informative, and user-friendly landing page that effectively conveys your brand's message and drives conversions. Thus, it does not matter if you use HTML or a template or use it in a block editor. It all depends on what you prefer.
See more comments