New FB Group Rules You Need to Know About
Hello, dear FB Friends!
Hope you’re all having a lovely day. Here are some of the changes that FB now considers when helping you (or not!) to grow your FB Group.
I hope you find this useful :)
- FB algorithm is all about meaningful interactions and good user experience. What does this mean? In short - not all reactions to your posts are created equal in FB eyes. They want their users to have a happy, fulfilling experience on the platform so, sad face, angry face reactions are going to have your post suppressed in the organic reach. FB prefers happy face, love, wow... Positive reactions win over negative reactions. Also Likes are not as important any more. I guess that is just too lukewarm for FB algorithm.
- Contests, Giveaways, Free Downloads are being not favored by FB now. So, if you are doing any of these you need to be creative with the language. Use a pic or a GIF (more about GIFs in a mo) and text to achieve the best result.
- GIFS are all a rage on FB now!They will give you the best rankings in the algorithm. This is new and they are even overtaking FB Lives in importance (great, just when I decided to do daily FB Lives). I have to admit that I’m not 100% clear how this works and what is the best way to use Gifs to get you engagement etc, but as I’m finding out about it, I’ll let you know.
- FB does not like if you nudge your visitors about how they should feel or react to your post. You should avoid inviting the reader to like, share, comment your post. This is called the engagement bait and FB will suppress your post.
- Sales or direct promotions should be less than 20% of your FB content.
- If you are doing Collabs where other people in your niche post in your group, you should avoid using the word TAKEOVER because it’s been flagged by FB and it will get your organic reach down.
- Links within your post are going to hurt your post. Especially if the site where you are sending your audience is getting the most traffic from FB. FB is now measuring inbound and outbound traffic patterns of the site that is linked to your post.
- Don’t share your posts from your Business Page to your Personal Profile.That is now against Terms of Service and can get you banned. If, however, someone else (who is not the administrator) shares the post to their profile - that’s fine.
I collected these as I was doing a bit of research on how to run my new FB Group the best way and not get banned. I’m sure I must have missed some other rules - I will update this post in my group as I find out more.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! Alenka :)
Have you started growing your FB Group Community?
If not, what's stopping you?
The link to my FB Group is on my profile in case you feel like joining. Thanks! :)