Show Me the Money…How to Quickly Identify Your Online Money Making Niche
Finding the Pain
Once you identify your starving crowd of people, do some research to understand what they need and want.If you followed my advice in section 1 of this training module, you know that it is easier to know what people want if you are a part of the same group.
Another way to learn about what people in your starving group of people want is to type some keywords into Google, Bing and Yahoo.
For example, I have a passion to help women who are either recently divorced or about to be divorced. By typing in “what every divorced woman needs to know” or some variation of those keywords into the search engines, I am able to research the urgent needs and burning desires of my starving target group.
By simply skimming through a few articles that pop up in the search engines, I learned that women in life transitions want advice they can trust concerning many things like:
- ·Finding an Attorney
- ·Finding a Financial Advisor
- ·Making Financial Decisions
- ·Questions to Ask a Financial Advisor
- ·How to deal with spousal abuse
- ·How to deal with spousal affairs
- ·How divorce affects children
- ·Who gets what in a divorce
- ·What are the divorce rules in my state
- ·How to set up a co-parenting agreement
- ·What are the child support rules in my state
- ·What if he doesn’t pay child support
- ·Financial survival for divorced women
- ·What every woman needs to know about retirement
- ·Life transition considerations
- ·How to bolster self-confidence after an emotionally devastating life event
Notice what I accomplished by asking one question in Google.I found more than a dozen topics that I can write about.If your question produces sparse results, there is a good likely hood that you haven’t found a niche with a lot of interest.That means it’s not going to be very lucrative for you.
It could also mean that you need to more broadly redefine your keyword search.
Is this starting to make sense?
I like to keep a list of topics that I have brainstormed or that I have found by asking questions on Google, Yahoo and Bing on an Excel spreadsheet along with related keywords.Doing so helps me organize the content for my website.