10 Best Ways to Increase Website Conversion Rate
How Can You Improve Your Conversion Rate?
Website conversion rates average at about 2%. You can expect only 2 customers for every 100 visitors and this is a very high conversion rate.
A lot of sites have only a 0.1- 0.2% conversion rate. It can take 1000 visitors before you can get one customer. What can you do to improve conversions and get more customers from the traffic you have already?
Here are my top tips to increase conversion rates:
1. Eliminate Unnecessary Fields
This is one of the best ways you can increase your conversion rate. Eliminate all unnecessary fields and leave only the ones that are necessary to achieve your goal.
If you do this, you will find that signups will increase by approximately 10% for each form field you eliminated.
You need to strike the right balance between getting all the necessary lead information and keeping the number of fields to a minimum. Make sure that every field has a crucial role. If it doesn’t, then you can remove it.
2. Add a Pop-up to Your Site
Sumo found that the average conversion rate of all pop-ups was 3.09%. If you do it right, however, you can reach the top 10% of pop-ups with a 9.28% conversion rate.
This simple change will increase your conversion rate. It works on every website I have tried it on. These are some quick tips to get the best conversion rate possible:
- Try several offers (PDFs and premium content) until you find the one that makes you feel good.
- Set a 30-second delay on the pop-up so that they aren’t annoying.
- It should be easy to close the popup
- You can set a cookie to ensure that the pop-up appears only once per user. This is possible with most pop-up tools.
Combining these will increase conversions dramatically and reduce complaints. This combination won't cause annoyance and will bring you all the benefits.