Try a little humor Laughter is all the help you need!
What do you call a nun who sleep walks?
A roaming catholic!
Laughter is good for your health:
- Laughter relaxes the whole body. A good, hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes after.
- Laughter boosts the immune system. Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease.
- Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
- Laughter protects the heart. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which can help protect you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.
If laughter is so good for us, why is it that we use so little humour in our daily lives?
Are we a serious bunch?
Is life that much of a real struggle?
We seem to reserve comedy for the comedians.
Well I challenge you to bring out your inner comedian.
Here is a couple of things you can do:
- research some jokes
- write them down
- practice them
- and then share them and remember comedy is all about timing
Alternatively, you don't even need to know a joke
- go to your bathroom
- close the door
- make weird faces at your self
- if you're a little timid start small with a little smirk
- then see if you can bring that into a full genuine smile
- or stick your tongue out…. Etc you get the picture
Or ~ go to the YouTube video https://goo.gl/hrpQhy it will surely bring at least a smile to your face.
You’ll find as I have that joy lightens up and lightens your world.