Good News for Tablet- and Smartphone Users
A new app has been created by Google, which provides more ease in data storage security, when transferring from iOS devices to Android tablets and smartphones. Reports are coming in that the app successfully supports a new data security option. The app transfers locally, and in the Apple online service iCloud stored data such as videos, images, contacts and calendar, in the online service Drive by Google. From there, the data is easily transferred to Android tablets or smartphones.
Google advises that the transfer should take place in an area of good WiFi.
Here are the Steps:
1) On your iOS device, download Google Drive, signing in with your Google account. You can, if you don't have one, create one as you sign in to Google Drive. Make sure you have the latest update of the app.
2) Make sure you've backed up your content. Open the Backup Wizard: Menu - Settings - Backup. You can choose specific content, or, if you just click "Start Backup", everything will be backed up. Connect to a socket and WiFi, though, this could take a few hours!
3) On your Android device, sign in, using the SAME account you used for your iPhone backup. You must turn off iMessage for this. Because if you're now using a phone that isn't from Apple, you will not get SMS or text messages people with iPhones are sending you.
Here's how ( with iPhone)
- Put your SIM card in your iPhone
- Click Messages
- Turn the iMessage button off. Return to Settings
- Click FaceTime
- Turn the FaceTime button off
- Exit Settings
- Enter your phone number in the spaces given on:
You'll have a confirmation code sent to you.
- Send the code in the space indicated.
Questions or problems about iMessage deregistration are also answered on that site.
Now you're ready to view your transferred data on Android!
Things are getting better by the day for mobile users.
Does that mean that I think we're now ready for high-level theme customization on Android?
Still a bit early for deeper dives into the digital ocean.....☺☺☺
Cheers, my friends,