Why Chatgpt4 Is So Far Ahead of Chatgpt 3
Last Update: Mar 22, 2023
I have to be honest here I upgraded immediately just to try out the features. I knew I could cancel at any time.
My first reaction was that it is so slow compared to GPT3 . That lack of speed was so acute when the platform was first released I actually reverted back to chatgpt3. However, I Soon realized that the extra features of VERSION 4 were well worth waiting for. The speed is the only downside I can find.
Actually there is a capped limit of twenty five messages every three hours which is a pain. Just as you get into the flow of writing you are stopped dead in your tracks. I do believe that will be increased shortly.
AI can be a bit of a scary place at the minute as we are literally at the coal face of cutting edged tools. If these tools are used correctly then they make a writers job a whole heap easier.
Here are some key distinctions between the two models:
- Model size: GPT-4 is significantly larger than GPT-3. While GPT-3 has 175 billion parameters, GPT-4 has a much larger number of parameters (exact number not provided). This increased size allows GPT-4 to learn and generate more accurate and nuanced responses.
- Training data: GPT-4 has been trained on a more extensive and diverse dataset compared to GPT-3. This enables GPT-4 to have a broader understanding of different topics, languages, and contexts.
- Performance: Due to its larger size and improved training data, GPT-4 generally has better performance than GPT-3. It is more accurate, versatile, and capable of understanding context more effectively. GPT-4 is also better at tasks like language translation, summarization, and code generation.
- Few-shot learning: GPT-4 exhibits even stronger few-shot learning capabilities than GPT-3, meaning it requires fewer examples to learn and generalize new tasks. This makes GPT-4 more adaptable and efficient at handling a wide range of tasks and applications.
- Applications: Given its enhanced capabilities, GPT-4 has more potential applications than GPT-3. These include more advanced conversational AI systems, AI-assisted writing, programming assistance, and many other areas where natural language understanding and generation are essential. In other words GPT4 can be trained to use your voice more effectively than GPT 3. I use GPT3 if I am writing sales pages that I dont want to be written in my voice
- Ethical considerations: As GPT-4 is even more powerful than its predecessor, it also raises more significant ethical concerns, such as the potential for misuse, the amplification of biases present in training data, and the broader societal impact of such a powerful AI system.
“Computers need to be accountable to machines,” a top Microsoft executive told a roomful of reporters in Washington, DC, on February 10, three days after the company launched its new AI-powered Bing search engine.
“Sorry! Computers need to be accountable to people!” he said, and then made sure to clarify, “That was not a Freudian slip.”
In 2018 at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Google CEO Sundar Pichai had something to say:
“AI is probably the most important thing humanity has ever worked on. I
think of it as something more profound than electricity or fire.”
Pichai’s comment went down like a lead brick at the time, but five years later the AI browser war are on
Especially if you use Chatgpt sensibly. it is no different from any other tool .
Refining and improving prompts in GPT-4 or any other large language model involves several key factors. By paying attention to these factors, you can optimize your prompts and generate more accurate, relevant, and useful responses. Here are some tips to refine and improve prompts:
- Be specific and clear: Make sure your prompts are well-defined and clearly state your requirements. The more specific you are, the better the model will understand your intent and provide relevant responses.
- Use context: If your question requires background information or context, provide it in the prompt. This will help the model understand the context of your query and generate a more relevant answer.
- Use proper grammar and punctuation: Ensure your prompts are well-constructed with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. This will make it easier for the model to comprehend and respond accurately.
- Ask direct questions: If possible, ask a direct question rather than using an open-ended statement. This will guide the model to provide a more focused answer.
- Break down complex queries: If your question is complex, try breaking it down into smaller, more manageable parts. Ask each part as a separate question or provide a step-by-step structure for the model to follow.
- Use keywords and phrases: Include relevant keywords and phrases that are important to your query. This will help the model understand the topic and provide more accurate information.
- Limit ambiguity: Avoid using ambiguous language, idioms, or metaphors that may be difficult for the model to interpret. Stick to clear and concise language.
- Experiment with prompt engineering: Use techniques like temperature setting (lower values for focused responses, higher values for more creative ones) or token limits (to control response length) to optimize your prompts.
- Iterate and refine: Test different variations of your prompt and analyze the responses. Modify your prompts based on the results to improve the quality of the generated output.
- Provide examples (if applicable): In some cases, providing examples of the desired output can help guide the model to generate better responses. However, be cautious not to provide too many examples, as it may limit the model's creativity.
By applying these tips and strategies, you can refine and improve your prompts in GPT-4 or any other large language model, resulting in more relevant and helpful responses.
Thanks for sharing your AI experience with us. There is a lot to digest. One fact emerges no matter what version of AI is used. the onus is on us to provide the inputs to get the results we want. Prompt Engineering is emerging as a hot new field.
I am confused about ChatGPT and the AI Playground. Kyle has said that the AI Playground has fewer issues to use more smoothly compared to Chat GPT. What is your opinion?
Thanks for your insights.
It’s amazing really! I literally just opened this Chatgpt4 door today. Spent about 2 hrs playing with prompts and watching it spit out complete works.
What I find intriguing is …afterwords I jump on WA and start reading a recent blog post here and…what do you know?
The title and outline reads almost word for word … what the Chatgpt4 wrote for me. I’m like whoa! Is this for real?
I start looking through a few more WA posts and I can definitely recognize who is utilizing this amazing tool and how much better their writing works have become.
Which is great in a lot of information sharing ways. We’re getting smarter by leaps and bounds now, which I believe will lead to much higher expectations.
On a side note I thought of a poem idea yesterday I wanted to write. Had a chat and wow I was so impressed with what it spit out!
It is quite an impressive tool! For sure!
Tomorrow… I’ll Chatgpt4 some more! 😎
Absolutely Holly, of course I used it to write the ear bones of the post . At least you know I am actually using Gpt4
This information is so valuable! I am still watching everything on the sidelines, and it's capabilities are mind blowing.
AI had done a lot of good to humanity. Just with health technology alone, it had resolve a lot of diagnostic issues in a much accurate and speedy process.
Now with chatGPT and the features it offers, would definitely be a game changer !!!
Thank you Catherine for this blog!
This is an amazing article - thank you!!
My main takeaway is to explore chatgpt4 more! I had been concentrating more on 3.5 for factual stuff (mainly because it is so fast) and thought I would use 4 for mainly creative or mathematical tasks.
I may have to put up with speed of 4!!
All the best,
Well it is you choice. The benefit of using GPT4 is that the drop-down menu gives you the opportunity to oscillate between 3.5 and 4. I can choose with each prompt whether or not to prioritise speed or accuracy
See more comments
Great share, Catherine!
he bullet points you have listed are crucial factors to get high quality output from the AI used.
Prompts and prompt modifiers will make and break the output if not correctly used. The only way to learn this is to do a lot of experimentation, tweaking and adjusting to get the desired output.
I am doing a deep dive in course about prompting currently from a couple of very skilled person in prompting for marketiing, and it is amazing how just one word can change the whole.
Another tip is to create a master spreadsheet with the prompts you create, with which intent and modifiers, etc are listed in the spreadsheet.
Also, a master document (Word or Google doc) with your Marketing Framework described, ( including your niche, target audience, offer, core problems, your unique vaue proposition and more defined) using ChatGPT to create the framework.
Yes Roy I have those spreadsheet but thank you so much for adding that. To me it so obvious I didn't think to say it.
Absolutely Roy! It certainly is a lot to keep track of and one task I find overwhelming. I could use some more specific spreadsheet layout advice from you or @TheCatherine.
I don´t know if Kyle provides this in his AI classes that you can access as a Premium Plus member.
Nevertheless, I can add some ideas if Catherine doesn´t beat me to it 😄. Just give me a day or two.
Holly send me a pm