Writing Content For Your Site
As everyone here knows, when it comes to Google, then there are two things you should know
1. Content is King
2. Quality content that is unique, helpful, and has some "meat" to it is King
I have been playing with several sites here at WA and have a few tips I would like to share that work for me. Some may say these tips are "discouraging". But they are my experience with the 15 sites I have built. They also prove the point that this is not "get rich quick" but rather a "build a business".
1. I have learned concerning content, and from experience, that you shouldn't be afraid to write long articles. I have actually found that by combining 4 or 5 related short 300 - 500 word articles into a 1800 to 3100 word article that are related and "flow" together bring me much better traffic that that those 5 articles, or even 2 or 3 articles at 1200 to 1500 words.
2. I have also found that I can write less frequently when I have about 20 to 30 articles that average about 2000 words of "quality" content. (Yes - somewhere above 50K words)
3. I have found that for organic traffic to get above 500 unique visitors per, takes about 4 to 6 months after I reach the above.
Note: Using Social Media can improve this dramatically - but not always
4. At about 12 months after reaching that 50K word level, I am starting to see 1000+ visitors a month and growing.
With all that being said, let me give a quick plug for a very useful tool here at WA that I don't see a lot of people using.
Have you checked out the Site Content feature. Learn about it here
I love this tool. It gets my post in the site, checks it for duplicate content, and gives me a word count.
Here is an example. I started a new site a couple of days ago (Dec 9th). I also added a couple of posts to 2 other sites this last week. And yes - I track everything.
However I no longer track word count for articles where I am using this great tool.
In the last week, I published 11 articles / pages for 24,872 words. 19,806 were on the new site.
Yes - I have a goal of 50k words on the new site by Jan 15th. And you can set your writing goals as well. Just a word of advice - don't write for the goal - write quality and be yourself
And finally - You can all the best tools in the world, but they are useless unless you use them.
Use this one, because its a good one.
To your success