Organization for the Affiliate Marketing Beginner
Possibly the most important aspects of affiliate marketing is organization. When starting out there may only be a couple of passwords and websites, a couple of affiliate links etc. But in a very short time there will be 20-30 passwords and user names and 30-40 affiliate links which can become a mess if you aren't careful.
1. Security, it is not a good idea to use the same password for all of your accounts. You should have security in mind as a precaution
2. Create a written list on paper with all of your accounts IE Site addresses user names and passwords. You obviously want to keep this in a secure place.
3. You can also make an excel sheet with all of your sites, user names, and passwords and keep this in a secure place.
4. Create a master excel sheet with your product affiliate links. This way it is easy to copy and paste them into your site as you make changes and gain more affiliates etc.
5. Sign up for a cloud based storage service where you can back things up. Another nice thing about cloud service is you can install the application on multiple computers and get to documents any time anywhere and the documents sync to all devices after a change is made. You could also use a cloud service to make complete backups of your Wordpress site, themes, etc I personally like www.dropbox.com You get plenty of storage to start and it is FREE. There are also nice little tutorials there.
6. As you build and make changes to your site, it might be a good idea to create a notepad, or text edit document for reach site. You can back up text, but also code in case you want to make a change that turns out undesirable. .
Hope this will help someone as I myself have made the mistake of not thinking about organization before getting too deep in.