The Kindness Exchange - A Day Of Kindness Begins With You
When was the last time someone was kind to you? I mean, really, really kind. It doesn't have to be something big.
Maybe your friendly coworker brought you coffee this week, or the neighbor with the white picket fence mowed your lawn when you were put out with a broken ankle.
It doesn't take anything to be kind. But, a little kindness goes a long way. When you make others happy, you feel fulfilled and content on the inside.
Kindness is not about the grand gestures; it's about the smile you give a stranger when you're walking down the street or thoughtful words you give to a coworker that brightens their whole day.
The most important thing to remember is that kindness doesn't always have to be huge. It can be as simple as holding a door open or giving up your seat on the bus.
It's these moments that can change the world.
So why is kindness so vital?
Here are 9 simple ways to spread kindness
1. Smile - It's easy to get caught up in what's going on around us, but smiling at those around us can make a big difference in their day. A genuine smile goes a long way and could even earn you some good karma!
2. Hold the door - Most people rush through their daily routine without stopping to help others. For example, when was the last time someone held the door for you? How about doing it for them?
3. Don't judge - You never know what someone else is going through or what their situation is, so don't judge them based on their appearance or how they act in public.
Remember, we all have bad days. So, treat everyone kindly until you know their circumstances.
4. Attractiveness - Kindness makes people more attractive. This is partly because a kind person has an aura of happiness and trust that others find appealing.
5. Kindness improves relationships - People who are kind earn respect from their peers and develop better relationships with them.
6. Kindness boosts confidence - When you treat people well, you're likely to feel better about yourself as well.
7. Kindness reduces stress - Kind acts release endorphins that act as natural calming agents in your body. This makes you feel happier, less stressed, and more confident about the future.
8. Kindness boosts happiness - People who are kind to others tend to have higher happiness levels.
9. Kindness fosters forgiveness - If you're angry at someone, being kind will help you forgive them because it will put your feelings into perspective, allowing you to see both sides of the story clearly.
Kindness costs nothing and has great value. You can create a positive atmosphere for yourself by being kind first.
And when you are kind, it makes the other person feel like they matter to you and their feelings matter.
Hence, being kind to one another is a surefire way to help others, which in turn will make the world a better place.
So if you were lucky enough to be the recipient of some kindness, why not pay it forward?
Remember, everyone can make a difference by spreading kindness and positivity. Remember, what comes around goes around.
Thank you for reading.
Do share your thoughts with us in the comment.
See more comments