Should I or shouldn't I, that is the question!
I am in at Crossroads at this time in my life where I am trying to figure out which way to go. It took me quite some time to really come to reality of it all.
Let me start off by saying I'm independent hair stylist, and have rented a booth for the last 6 years. The last four years have been a truly big struggle for me, and there are many reasons why.
1. I've changed salons 3 times in the last 6 years, If the owner of the building where the first salon was located did not sell, I would still be there, but unfortunately this was beyond my control. I had no choice but to move on. I was there for 2 years.
2. The second salon's rent was more money than the first salon. i might have taken on more than I could have afforded. I did well for a while but it's still is not easy being on my own, buying product, and paying all the bills and hopefully cutting a profit. I did that for 3 years, and boy what a roller coaster ride it was.
3. The third salon was a dream to work at, but it was still a struggle. I stuggled so much that there were many times I didn't cut myself a paycheck after all was said and done. I couldn't go on like this.
Don't get me wrong I love what I do but when you own a business you have to spend money to market it, pay the rent, keep up with taking calls and making appointments, confirming appointments, purchasing product, you have to do your own books, paycheck, running to the banks and most of all, your taxes! The list goes on!
I asked myself over and over, " is it worth it?"
Right now I am searching to work for someone else in a salon instead of being in business for myself. It's a hard decision but I know that I have to do something.
There any benefits to working for somebody.
1. You earn a more consistent paycheck.
2. Once your done with work you're done!
3. Life can be so much easier with less stress.
4. Less responsibility with upkeep of a business.
5. I can focus on doing what I love, Hair! and create a nice paycheck!
So why would I continue to do what I'm doing?
I'm asking your advice with the little of information given to you, So should I, or shouldn't I move on. I would like to know what any of you would do in my situation?